Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + benefits
Contact Name: James Adamson
Telephone: 0161 669 4716
We are delighted to be working with an exciting real estate investment and development company based in Manchester that focuses on the strategic acquisition and redevelopment of commercial, residential, industrial and retail assets across the UK.
They are looking to expand their in-house commercial team by appointing a Quantity Surveyor to work on a wide range of projects including; new build works on green and brown field sites and demolition, extension, alteration and remodelling to existing facilities
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who is motivated and ambitious with the offer of a competitive salary along with the potential for fantastic career progression. The position offers a role to work with a talented, progressive and innovative team.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will provide commercial expertise and be responsible for the financial delivery of the assigned projects to ensure that they are procured and delivered within budget, to programme and to the highest quality whilst exceeding company expectations.
You will be reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and running monthly reports, costings, contract / sub-contract packages and variations. There will be a team of Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers working alongside you on these projects.
- A degree in Quantity Surveying (BSc or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ QS experience working on a range of projects and values
- Experience of running projects up to £5m
- Developer, PQS or main contracting experience
- Experience of both pre and post contract administration including preparing cost plans,
estimates, bills of quantities, procurement, value engineering, tender reporting, valuations
and final accounts
- Passionate about construction, house building and customer service
- Wide knowledge of construction industry processes and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of current forms of contract
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate
- Hold a full clean driving licence
By joining this well-established financially secure organisation, which has an excellent reputation and a secure order book, you will benefit from an excellent salary and benefits package.
In addition, you can be sure of working in a supportive environment where talent and initiative are rewarded, and career progression is available.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com