Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 plus package
Contact Name: James Adamson
Telephone: 0161 669 4716
We are working exclusively with the commercial department of a Global Construction Consultancy to source top talent for their Manchester office. They currently have a vacancy for a degree qualified Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager with a minimum of 2+ years’ PQS experience to join a team of 15 Quantity Surveyors. This Global practice has a vast array of Clients who operate throughout all major sectors in the built environment. Some notable live projects include high-profile Government facilities, Developer lead Residential towers in the city, industrial business parks and multiple Healthcare projects with the NHS.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a career minded professional QS to work with a high performing team, gaining industry leading APC support and enrol on the company career professional development route
The role will involve:
- Providing predominately value management consultancy services at feasibility and pre contract stage and provide cost reporting during each construction phase.
- Working very closely with their clients appointed cost managers and their dedicated project management and delivery teams.
- Working on a range of projects with values from £5m to £100 and upwards in all areas of the building industry.
The candidate will be reporting to an Associate (or Senior QS) but will also have accountability to their client’s team on a day-to-day basis. They must be able to work using their initiative to provide cost advice directly to the client.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in managing projects in excess of £1m+
- Have a QS degree and be part way through their APC
- Have a minimum of 2 years (post degree) quantity surveying/cost management experience within a PQS environment
- Have a pragmatic approach to projects with a commercial slant and will be looking for a challenge both technically and personally.
- Be looking for a role with problem solving challenges on a day-to-day basis and offer flexibility to the client.
- Be adaptable at building relationship and act as a team player.
Not only will you enjoy a wide range of projects working within this multi sector environment, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, flexible benefits and real career progression, APC training and development.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org