Salary: £40,000 - £50,000, plus package
Telephone: 0330 133 0086
About the position
Due to continued expansion and steady growth of our business, we are now looking for a Quantity Surveyor to be based out of our Manchester office.
The Quantity Surveyor will take commercial responsibility for projects, managing the project costs from Pre-Construction through to completion and reporting to the directors.
Key task attributes for the Quantity Surveyor will be, to have an excellent knowledge and experience in residential apartment/ house building, leisure, retail and commercial build, and to carry out the following duties and to assist a team with the following duties:
The project build cost achieved to the budget. All contractual notices to Sub-Contractors issued on time ensuring they have confidence and trust to deliver future work as part of the approved Supply Chain.
All sub-contract packages commenced on time as a result of timely placement in line with project delivery targets.
Ensuring the following are carried out:
- Sub-contractor payments
- Sub-contractor variations and remeasures
- Sub-contractor package production, tendering and negotiation
- Material take offs, tenders and procurement
- Services procurement
- Technical co-ordination
- Plant and equipment ordering
- Full cost control of projects
Excell are an established small / medium sized contractor working on projects from £1m to £5m. We cover various sectors and work on both new build and refurbishment projects.
The following are minimum requirements for the role:
- BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management
- Good academics
- At least 5 years’ experience working for a small / medium sized building contractor or housebuilder
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Excel / Word
We can offer an excellent package to include:
- Basic salary between £40,000 and £50,000 per year, car or car allowance, pension, expenses, plus continued excellent prospects with the company
To discuss the role in more detail, please contact Ged Dolan, Commercial Director, on 0330 133 0086 or 07792 202179.
Alternatively, please e-mail a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com