Salary: Up to £25,000
Contact Name: Stephanie Jones
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
Our client works with public and private sector organisations to design, build and optimise their property and infrastructure assets. They are a multi-disciplinary property consultancy, with more than 4000 experts in 40 offices across the UK, assisting clients at every stage of the property lifecycle. Join us and you’ll be part of a team making it easier and more profitable for investors, occupiers and developers to buy, sell, manage, let, develop and invest in real estate.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Property Technician to join our clients’ Strategic Property Team, in Blackburn.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical and administrative support to a group of Property Surveyors working on a number of projects including property management and development. The role will involve working with a range of internal and external people in the property business including for example tenants, Council Officers and members of the Public.
Key results areas
• Responsibility for taking property related queries via telephone, email and logging them on the Customer Engagement System.
• Identification and provision of ownership and boundary plans using the Geographic Information System – MapInfo.
• Ensure maintenance of accurate land, property and tenancy records.
• Assist in the maintenance and updating of property records using the sections property management system.
• Support in planning, booking and undertaking routine property inspections.
• Support in preparing reports for surveyors, including the sections Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Assist in preparing marketing and advertising information for properties including uploading details to website.
• Undertaking viewings and assisting in preparation of lease documentation.
• Assisting in undertaking Property Reviews.
• General administrative support including typing, filing and scanning.
• Processing invoices for payment.
• Managing incoming and outgoing post.
• Provide support to the Property Management and Development Team.
The successful candidate will be expected to have:
• Good communication skills (verbal, written and face to face)
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Strong attention to detail skills and dedication to quality outputs
• Worked as part of a team as well as on your own successfully
• Competent IT Skills e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
• Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with colleagues and client organisations
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to demonstrate excellent listening, communication and interpretive skills
• Enthusiasm for the role and willingness to develop and progress their career
• Ability to prioritise work under pressure
• Driving licence with access to a vehicle.
• Previous experience in a customer focussed role
• An understanding of the basic principles of commercial property management
• A related or relevant administrative, property or financial qualification
• Experience in handling a large and varied caseload
• Knowledge of using a Geographic Information System i.e. MapInfo
• Good understanding of the Data Protection Act
What’s in it for you?
You will be motivated to perform at your peak and be provided with training and development along the way. Your achievements will be recognised and rewarded appropriately.
As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day’s holidays, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; childcare vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country – the opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career. The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within the organisation.
Our clients’ culture is highly professional. They are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge. My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
To apply for this position, then please email your CV to email@example.com or call Stephanie Jones on 0161 393 9889, for further information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org