Salary: Dependant on experience plus benefits
Location: Manchester or Liverpool
Contact Name: Annmarie Jackson
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
My client is a leading and award-winning international commercial law firm with throughout the UK and across the Globe. The Firm delivers advice and strategic guidance spanning the full legal spectrum, from non-contentious advisory and transactional work, to all forms of commercial litigation and employs over 800 people at present.
They have wide portfolio of clients across a wide range of specialist sectors: from transport and logistics and international trade, through to retail, insurance, marine, health, education, manufacturing, public sector and banking and financial services.
They are currently seeking an Associate in their Property Litigation Team either in Liverpool or Manchester Office. Reporting to the Team Leader they will handle a varied caseload that will include some of the following matters:
- Managing a caseload (for example rent arrears claims, possession actions and Landlord and Tenant Act applications)
- Client liaison in writing and over the telephone
- Communicate in writing and by telephone with solicitors, courts and all other interested parties
- Drafting documents
- Business development
- Instructing Counsel and experts
- Preparation of reports to clients
- Negotiating with the other side
- Undertake appropriate additional tasks provided by the Team Leader
- Generally assisting senior solicitors and partners with their work load including preparing court bundles, general court diary management, obtaining information from the Land Registry/conducting investigations and reviewing files, deeds and legal research
The ideal Candidate will be a self starter with relevant experience and a willingness to work as part of a Team. A desire to undertake business development as part of the role is also required.Knowledge, experience and interest in the property sector and property law is essential – including having undertaken a minimum 6 month training seat in property and also a litigation seat (whether property litigation or commercial litigation). They will also require the following skills:
- Good IT skills
- Previous experience of managing a caseload
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
To discuss this role please contact Annmarie Jackson.
Kingsley is a specialist recruitment consultancy. The legal division has a diverse client base that includes medium sized commercial practices, long established civil practices and niche boutiques through to larger regional commercial firms and top ranked nationals. We enjoy what we do and we want others to enjoy working with us. We believe our clients and candidates need recruitment consultants they can work with and trust
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org