Salary: Competitive Salary, Plus Benefits
Contact Name: Liz Ellis
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
The Position and Team
My client is a multi-disciplinary global surveying consultancy and has a strong and well established corporate real estate management team both nationally and in their Manchester office. The Manchester team is experiencing increasing volumes of work both in terms of the quantity and quality of instructions and consequently, they are looking to appoint an Estates Technician to work in support of a Senior Surveyor within the occupier management team, assisting in the management of a geographical portfolio for a number of corporate clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest property management teams in the North West.
- To assist the senior surveyors in the day-to-day property matters on a portfolio of around 600 properties
- Liaising with our accounts team on payment of rents and service charge
- Liaising with the property administration team in respect of database changes and invoice authorisation
- Property inspections for management purposes
- Liaising with landlords on minor issues and escalating to senior colleagues as appropriate
- Dealing with tenants, including repair issues and arrears
- Providing support to the Estates Helpdesk in terms of lease interpretation and liaising with FM suppliers
- Minimum 5 GCSE Grades C and above including English and Maths
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of property management and knowledge of lease terms
- Good level of computer literacy including Excel, Word and Outlook and ability to pick up new packages quickly
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to deal with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Good understanding of finance and accounting, specifically property related
- Ability to think on feet, use initiative and work as part of a team
- High level of organisation skills and ability to prioritise work
- Ability to pick things up quickly and a good memory
Skills and Personal Qualities
- Plans and prioritises own workload in order to achieve property management deliverables
- Capable of delivering property management effectively and thoroughly within agreed standard
- Seeks efficiencies and cost savings for the client
- Establishes and nurtures harmonious relationships with clients, their advisers and colleagues
- Places a priority on developing own skills, knowledge and abilities in line with team requirements
- Competitive salary
- Personal benefits that you would expect from a market leader
Our client’s culture is highly professional. They are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge. My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
To apply for this position, then please email your CV to email@example.com or call Liz Ellis on 0161 393 9889, for further information.
Kingsley is a niche leading recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Legal, Engineering & Property Sectors. We recruit across the UK, so if you are looking for your career next move, call us for a confidential chat or email us firstname.lastname@example.org