Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 plus package
Contact Name: James Adamson
Telephone: 0161 669 4716
We have an excellent opportunity with an up-and-coming construction consultancy based in Greater Manchester. They currently have a vacancy for a Project Manager from a Consultancy or Client-side background. The practice has wide ranging experience of all building project types, including Education, Healthcare, Retail & Leisure, Residential & Commercial office
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility as the project lead, providing all project management services on several interesting projects.
The Project Manager/Senior Project Manager role:
- Management and preparation of key stage reports from feasibility through to completion and post-handover
- Preparation of various programmes
- Management of meetings, taking and preparation of minutes
- Preparation of progress reports and presentation at monthly client meetings
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Managing multiple projects including ‘LIVE’ operational sites
- Assistance with the preparation of contract documents
- Management of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Working knowledge of various forms of building contracts, JCT & NEC3/4
- Experience of Administering building contracts
Required experience, skills and qualifications
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Construction Project Management degree or a similar construction related qualification with extensive technical delivery experience in a similar role gained within a consultancy or end user client.
- Ability to work on own initiative is imperative being part of a UK wide team
- Ideally MRICS or equivalent professional qualification (e.g. MCIOB) but not essential. Must be willing to achieve this within 18 months if not already qualified.
- Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for the business.
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills.
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines.
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible.
Not only will you enjoy a wide range of projects working within this multi sector environment, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, flexible benefits and real career progression, training and development.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com