Salary: Up to £40,000
Contact Name: Cathy McCabe
Telephone: 0161 968 0071
20,000 homes in 10 years
Trafford Housing Trust recently announced a proposal to join the L&Q Group, one of the largest housing providers in the country. THT and L&Q have worked together successfully for two years in a JV that is investing £160M to deliver over 2,000 homes across the North West. This was a real step change for THT and we are delivering a wide range of homes and tenures across sites large and small. We aspire to provide 50% market and 50% affordable homes, reinvesting profits in our social purpose and improving lives across our communities. There are plans to increase THT’s delivery to 20,000 homes over the next 10 years and we need a dedicated and growing team to achieve this. We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate people to join us at all levels in our Delivery (on site) and New Business (pre-contract) teams. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an already successful team at an exciting stage of our evolution.
The main duties of the role include:
• Identifying sites and opportunities suitable for the new homes programme
• Negotiating and agreeing legal and contractual arrangements, build plans and programmes
• Leading and managing the project team including consultants, internal customers and contractors
• Proactively engaging with the delivery, sales, neighbourhoods and finance teams to ensure smooth, effective and compliant delivery
• Ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and to specified quality standards
• Run and interpret financial appraisals and cashflows to understand the viability of projects in line with standard assumptions and requirements
• Producing high quality reports to secure approval from Board
• Leading design teams to create projects that are high quality, mixed tenure and fit for purpose to secure planning consent
• Undertaking necessary due diligence into all aspects of projects, including but not limited to legal, design, financial, construction and procurement
• Compliantly procuring all products and services in line with internal and legal requirements
• Undertaking market research where appropriate and liaising with valuers and agents in relation to markets and specific projects
• Establishing and maintaining fully compliant Homes England audit files from the start of each project
The successful candidate will have a relevant degree and Project Management and/or construction experience. They will ideally have a formal Project Management qualification, although training can be provided. Development understanding (including design, legal, planning, financial, construction) is essential for this role as is a strong command of Microsoft Office, the ability to carry out financial appraisals, write reports and have an understanding of the Homes England grant funding.
A driving licence is essential for this role.
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include excellent training and development opportunities, a salary sacrifice child care voucher scheme, access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme and annual leave allowance.
If you are interested in applying for the above role, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 29 May 2019 at 12pm
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org