Salary: £56,000 to £60,000
Salary: £56,000 to £60,000 (dependent on experience)
Location: Bolton, with some home working (the team are currently home-based due to Covid-19 restrictions)
Benefits: 33 days holiday (rising incrementally) including Bank Holidays; Birthday Leave; 5% matched contribution pension; retailer & leisure discounts; flexible working culture; one paid Professional Subscription p.a.
Context & Purpose of the Role
We are looking to recruit a dynamic Project Manager to deliver new and existing Youth Zone facilities (Youth Centres) across the country due to a number of new commissions, working with a variety of our Local Authority and commercial developer partners in place-making settings. This role will suit candidates with a Building Surveying or construction-related degree and who have experience at delivering multi-million pound capital projects.
You will be involved in very rewarding and challenging construction projects, working to deliver our £8.2m Youth Zone capital projects, with up to four live projects on the go at any one time and numerous other pipeline schemes being worked up ready for contract. You will have a high standard of knowledge and understanding of the development process and will have ideally worked in both client side and consultancy environments.
This is an exciting role in a niche sector, and experience of leading highly effective design teams through the briefing, design and construction stages of a capital project is required. Candidates will have a high technical knowledge in construction and an eye for detail to ensure the Employer’s Requirements are met through the design process and during construction and handover. You will be able to negotiate fees with the design team and project manage a number of disciplines to achieve successful planning application submissions across multiple projects. You will be responsible for the internal financial management of multiple projects and work with external PQS practices on the financial management of projects. As the client lead you will ensure projects are delivered to programme, on budget and to the highest standards of quality. Whilst it is desirable to have experience working with Local Authority and commercial developer partners, limited experience in this area should not preclude applicants from considering this exciting opportunity.
- Leading the day to day delivery of capital projects in all aspects of the design and delivery of a project
- Lead and managing multidisciplinary design teams
- Development of internal project documentation and reporting
- Produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects for various stakeholders and funders as required
- Procure and lead feasibility studies, including site surveys, site investigation, site evaluation, to aid development of new projects
- As client lead, monitor and report internally contractor’s progress on site during live projects
- Support the Development Management team in securing new Youth Zone opportunities nationally
Skills & qualifications
- Sound knowledge of project management procedure and process, in the delivery of construction projects
- A good technical knowledge
- Commercial acumen and prepared to challenge positively
- Ideally a construction or property related degree
- Full membership of RICS or CIOB, with substantial PQE
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Awareness of issues facing young people
- Flexible attitude to working from the office, home and on site
- Current, full UK driving licence and use of a car
- Commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
To apply, please send a CV and a one page cover letter, explain why you are suited to and interested in the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or the selection process.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 29 March 2021
First stage interviews: w/c 5 April 2021
In accordance with our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires a basic DBS check.
OnSide Youth Zones
OnSide was established as a charity in 2008 to create Youth Zones across the UK and has been growing rapidly ever since. Youth Zones are high quality, inspirational and well-run places offering young people ‘somewhere to go, something to do and someone to talk to’. Youth Zones change the lives of many thousands of young people each month, delivering social impact on an incredible scale. We have a network of fourteen Youth Zones (with a membership of over 50,000 young people), with substantial roll-out planned across the country. Containing state-of-the-art facilities for young people aged 8-19 years and up to 25 for young people with additional needs, Youth Zones deliver over 20 sporting, artistic, cultural and general recreational activities each session; every evening and weekend throughout the year plus all through the school holidays. Each Youth Zone starts with an £8.2 million capital campaign run by OnSide, creating a new local independent charity which becomes part of the federated OnSide Network.
The strength of OnSide Youth Zones comes from the diversity of the people within our vibrant network. We are proud that our Youth Zone teams reflect the communities they serve, and we value people working together from a range of different backgrounds, locally and nationally, and with different experiences, all with a shared passion for boosting the aspirations of young people across the country. Diversity brings innovation, fresh ideas and creativity, and we actively strive to create a culture that is truly inclusive and fair for all and where everyone in the team can be themselves and thrive.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com