Salary: £37,000 - £42,000 FTS
Contact Name: James Adamson
Telephone: 0161 669 4716
We are delighted to be working with one of the UK’s largest collections of museums and galleries to identify a Client-side Project Manager to join its major projects team in Liverpool.
The main propose of the role it to support the Director of Major Projects in developing the estate so that the buildings and outside spaces support and enhance the organisation’s core activities in the short and the long term. The Project Manager will lead on the delivery of a range of built and other change projects, liaising closely with the Estates Team, Exhibitions Team and other colleagues across the organisation.
- Working with the Director of Major Projects and Project Sponsor assist in setting up and managing project teams for capital developments, ensuring the correct balance of inputs from departments across the organisation.
- Conform with the project management process for assigned projects. Work with the Project Management Office to complete all decision gateway documents encompassing scope, budget, programme and delivery and communication strategies.
- Establish need for use of external consultants on projects and where external support is required, develop a comprehensive scope of services, building these into a project team structure, with clear areas of responsibility and reporting lines.
- Manage the procurement process for commissioning the services of external consultancies, ensuring that selection is undertaken in a fair, open manner that demonstrates clear analysis of quality and cost benefits.
- Coordinate and manage the inputs of internal departments and external bodies, ensuring that all work is undertaken in a timely fashion and that any areas of risk or delay are reported to the relevant party so that necessary action can be taken immediately.
- Working with the Director of Major Projects and consultant team to review initial project budgets and agree budget allocations to ensure adequate allowance across all areas. Work closely with the Finance Team to regularly review expenditure, ensuring it is within allocations. Highlight any areas of risk.
- Represent the organisation at all meetings with external contractors, designers and consultants as required. This will include progressing solutions to complex issues and ensuring that any proposals are in accordance with employer’s requirements and the project brief.
- Provide regular reports to the Project Management Office, including updates on any contractual and budget matters, programme, design issues/risks and interfaces with the operational teams.
- Develop and deliver presentations on project content, implementation and progress for a range of audiences including internal staff, Trustees, funding bodies and other stakeholders.
Staff management / supervision:
- Manage the work of people reporting directly to you such as the assigned Project Support Officer(s) and Project Assistant(s).
- Manage allocation of work, distributing projects with the team.
- Take part in the Performance and Development Review system. Carrying out reviews with direct reports and providing feedback to line manager and other colleagues.
- Ensure that team members are trained to the required level in health and safety, management of construction projects and project management policies and tools.
- Ensure projects managed by the Major Projects Team meet the budget and programme agreed at the outset.
- Ensure contracts for construction and consultancy are managed within the terms agreed.
- Information supplied to the PMO and other decision-making meetings is accurate.
- Procurement is undertaken fairly.
- Only correct and necessary information is placed into long term project archives.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com