Salary: Competitive salary
Contact Name: Kate Goodban
The Environment Partnership (TEP) Ltd is an award-winning environmental consultancy supporting sustainable development and land management across the UK and Ireland.
Our offering is based upon our core services: Planning, Environmental Assessment, Ecology, Heritage, Landscape Design, Landscape Management, GIS and Arboriculture. We are ideally situated to deliver these services nationwide from our offices in Warrington, Gateshead, Market Harborough, London and Cornwall. We have seven Directors who run the company and over 145 professional and technical staff, who work on a wide range of exciting and challenging projects.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a committed, motivated and experienced Property and Estate Management consultant with a proven ability to lead and co-ordinate complex projects in relation to land and vacant property, and with an enthusiasm for business growth and development. The successful candidate will join the TEP Land Management team based in our Warrington office. The role is suitable for office or ‘hybrid working’ with time spent working from home in addition to attending an office.
Role and requirements
For the Principal role we are looking for a candidate with a strong background in landscape / environmental or facilities management who proactively helps clients to deliver their projects through providing consistent professional advice. You will have demonstrable experience in leading and co-ordinating complex projects and be able to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of legislation in respect of the management of land and vacant property.
Our Land Management Team play a critical role in TEP’s overall delivery of the Homes England Estates Management Services Framework (EMSF). Homes England is responsible for an extensive and diverse portfolio of land across England. Sites range from greenfield land; woodlands; brownfield land; and vacant building complexes such as former hospitals. The estate currently comprises over 6000ha of land allocated for development and TEP delivers key services, including landscape management, arboriculture, ecology, health and safety, land audit, and engineering, across the estate. Our team of highly skilled consultants inspect, record, procure and manage works to completion in order to mitigate risks across the land. The site portfolio is continually changing with new sites being acquired that require prompt assessment with subsequent de-risking strategies put in place and managed.
This role entails the leadership of our Vacant Property Management Service on the Framework, co-ordinating a team of 10 site managers delivering this service on over 100 assets across England. You will lead on all levels of service provision and delivery as required under the EMSF working with Area Managers to identify required resources, skills and competency to ensure performance at expected level. You will report to TEP’s two Area Managers and to Directors in the Framework Leadership Team.
You will be asked to mentor and develop staff in the team as well as providing general land and property advice to colleagues across TEP’s multi-disciplinary practice.
The successful candidate will be based at the Warrington office but will be expected to travel from time to time, including staying overnight at different locations, to meet the requirements of the Homes England project.
- We will be interested to hear from applicants with suitable qualifications in landscape management, facilities management, environmental management and health and safety. We would also be interested in those who are CMLI, RICS and CMIOSH
- Have proven leadership skills in delivering complex projects
- A thorough knowledge of legislation in relation to the management of land and property, including, health and safety, environment and contracts
- Can demonstrate project management skills with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have strong communication skills and confident in presentation
- Can provide consistent professional advice to support clients
- Practical on-site experience including liaison with contractors
- Hold a full driving licence
- Have computer literacy in MS Office, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Are self-motivated and interested in business development
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload; manage others to meet deadlines and deliver projects within budget
- Show attention to detail, uphold high standards and demonstrate good judgement
- Ability to confidently represent TEP at project meetings, presentations and consultation meetings
- A strong team player with the ability to motivate and mentor junior team members
- Adaptability and innovation
TEP is an equal opportunities employer. We actively value diversity and this is reflected in our Equality and Respect policy which is applied in recruitment, induction and promotion. We have been an Investor in People since 2002 and rose to Gold Standard in 2011. We take our social responsibilities seriously, contributing staff time to local and environmental charities on a regular basis.
As a Disability Confident Committed employer, we will guarantee an interview for all disabled candidates meeting the eligibility criteria.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com