Salary: £38,813 - £39,782
Telephone: 0151 443 2302
Development Management – Major Development
Pay Band N / SCP 36 – 37
Salary £38,813 – £39,782 per annum
Job reference: CVP 619A
Looking for a new start for 2019? Join us in Knowsley’s Major Development team.
It is a very exciting time for Knowsley and our innovative Major Development Team: we have a substantial list of pipeline schemes for housing, transport and economic development, including several high profile projects such as the new Shakespeare North Playhouse and the nationally-recognised Halsnead Garden Village. We are also in the process of implementing three Town Centre masterplans and five further sustainable urban extension sites. In addition, we have secured over £42m of Combined Authority Single Investment Fund projects to be delivered over the next two years. In short – a brilliant place to grow your career.
We have a vacancy for a Principal Planner (Development Management – Major Development). We are looking for dynamic and driven individuals to join our team.
The post holder will be primarily responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality development and infrastructure; and preserving the amenity of existing residents and businesses from the impact of proposed development. Main duties will involve the timely, proper, sensitive and effective processing of planning applications, including pre-application negotiations, post-determination work and defending the Council’s case at appeal. You will need to be a problem solver able to identify innovative solutions, secure delivery and provide a proactive service that stimulates growth.
Successful applicants will enjoy the following benefits:
- Easily accessible location (15 mins to Liverpool, 30 mins to Manchester by rail), with staff car parking permits available;
- Working within a supportive and team orientated environment, based in the brand new Invest Knowsley office;
- Up to 28 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays and up to an additional 26 days flexi leave, with an option to purchase up to a maximum of 10 extra days annual leave;
- Flexible working hours;
- Generous Council pension scheme;
- Access to working rewards including: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff technology purchase scheme, discounted gym membership (with Volair), and a host of other local discounts.
For informal discussion, please contact Rachel Pitt (Technical Manager – Major Development Team) on 0151 443 2302.
For further details and an application pack, please visit our website at: http://www.knowsley.gov.uk/jobs/knowsley-council-vacancies.aspx
@KnowsleyUK | www.investknowsley.gov.uk
Closing Date: Friday, 30 August 2019
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org