Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + car allowance, bonus, pension
Contact Name: James Adamson
Telephone: 0161 669 4716
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced professional surveyor to work for a leading property consultancy as a Principal Estates Surveyor.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to take a proactive approach to the management of client’s core operational and commercial estate in order to maximise returns, stimulate economic activity and assist in achieving objectives. This job will also provide you with an opportunity to assist in establishing a leading consultancy across the North-West region linking with other Property businesses operating nationally.
Reporting to the Head of Property, the post holder will be responsible for leading a team of professional and technical staff to deliver an effective property service and achieve Key Performance Indicators. This will include delivering estate management services including the provision of landlord and tenant Advice, property marketing and new lettings to maximise income returns and minimise voids, overseeing the delivery of land and property disposals in support of the Client’s Capital Receipts programme and responsibility for delivering the Clients statutory valuation programmes.
In addition you will support the client’s regeneration agenda via the provision of strategic land and property advice, undertake negotiation of development and delivery agreements, carry out site assembly and engage in multi-disciplinary project teams. You will also be able to grow the business through engaging new clients.
You will have excellent communication and commercial skills, enthusiasm and determination, combined with an understanding of Local Government and property process.
To achieve this, you will have experience of operating at a senior level, have the ability to interact with officers and members in Local Government, as well as have a proven professional background in property management and valuation.
- Maximising the performance of the Client’s Core Operational and Non-operational portfolios
- Undertaking negotiations with public and private sector owners and developers.
- Leading and Monitoring land and property disposals
- Overseeing the Clients Corporate Valuation Processes
- Actively managing team performance, setting clear targets and objectives
- Reporting and managing performance through Key Performance Indicators
- Attending meetings with the Client, developers, external funding partners, committees and partnership working groups.
- Writing and presenting reports.
- Overseeing responses to Members and the public through established mechanisms
- Assisting in the procurement of external consultants and monitoring of their activities as appropriate.
- Complying with strategies, policies, standing orders and financial regulations.
- Contributing to the establishment of a new Asset Management Database
- Contribute to growing the revenue of the team, by securing external commissions
- Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of employees and the public by complying with Health and Safety policies
As an experienced Property professional, you will have:-
- Professional qualifications – i.e. Fellow or Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), with a minimum of 3-5 years Post Qualification Experience.
- Significant experience of operating in a Public sector Property Services or related environment.
- Experience of high level negotiations with private sector developers and public sector agencies and completion of contractual arrangements.
- A detailed knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Issues.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary partnership working on high value schemes.
- Relevant experience of undertaking wide ranging valuations & disposals
- An understanding of regeneration issues.
- Awareness of the viability assessments and their impact on development.
- Experience of presenting written and verbal reports.
- Experience of property marketing.
- Good networking and client management skills.
- Ability to work closely with a wide range of internal and external partners.
- Good prioritisation and time management skills.
- Computer literate with an understanding of GIS databases.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a busy environment as a member of a team with a positive, enthusiastic attitude to work.
- Must possess a full driving licence
Ideally the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Budget Management Experience
- Ability to lead on delivery of KPI targets
- The ability to exercise own initiative and to demonstrate a self-motivated and confident approach
- Networking skills to successfully pursue new business opportunities
- Confidence in client-facing situations, able to influence and convince
- Experience of leading and managing teams
- Coaching skills, acting as a source of advice and support to junior members.
The above list is not meant to be an exhaustive range of tasks and responsibilities and is subject to the changing requirements of the business.
As part of our partnership objectives in line with our values, we ask all our staff to:
- Lead by example;
- Encourage, nurture and mentor junior members of staff;
- Be open and honest;
- Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic;
- Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done and celebrate success; and
- Focus on solutions rather than problems.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org