Telephone: 0161 6298411
MANCHESTER (TRAFFORD CENTRE, TRAFFORD CITY)
FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION
REPORTING TO MARKETING DIRECTOR
SALARY DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
Looking for an exciting new challenge in strategic communications? Want to work for one of the UK’s most distinct and influential regeneration businesses?
Peel L&P is searching for an experienced PR and Content Manager to join its dynamic marketing and communications team on a permanent basis. Our ideal candidate will have worked at a Senior level within both B2B and / or B2C environments including experience of managing a team. You will have the passion to create, plan and implement effective strategic comms plans within the business. Does this sound like you? Then you could be exactly what we’re looking for.
You will have strong regional and national media contacts and will oversee PR and content across our varied Peel Land & Property (Peel L&P) businesses, spanning multiple industries including property, land and planning, retail, leisure, energy and more. The role will lead a team of PR, social media and digital content executives and work with the wider marketing team to create and deliver strategic campaigns to achieve commercial objectives.
With excellent communication and copy writing skills, ability to source and deliver news stories and write and create content for a diverse range of audiences, you will lead the communications across Peel L&P businesses, both internally and externally.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced PR individual to join a well-established company, with a strong North West heritage, bringing their wealth of experience and PR skills to create a positive impact in this growing communications team.
About Peel L&P Peel L&P – realising possibility
We are an ambitious regeneration business with generations of history, heritage and expertise in our DNA. First established in 1971, Peel L&P is now responsible for some of the most transformational development projects in the UK today.
Owning and managing 12 million sq ft of property and 20,000 acres of land and water, our holdings are concentrated in the north west of England but we also own and manage significant assets throughout the UK with a total portfolio value of £2.6 billion.
As a part of the Peel Group; we are integral to a business that strives to make a positive impact on people’s lives.
Our legacy matters. We take great pride in the outcomes we achieve, the people we work with, the way we go about our business and the transformational projects we deliver.
Our specialist teams have a proven track record in delivering high-quality, legacy projects across land, property, water and airspace. This includes airports, hotels, waterways, media hubs, event spaces, leisure facilities, retail, workspaces, residential development, industrial & logistical space, public realm, historic gardens and the renewable energy sector.
Peel L&P is an agile and ambitious business with a legacy of success for a long-term, sustainable future.
We see possibility. We deliver transformation.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- To research, creatively input into, plan and deliver strategic communications plans across a number of Peel L&P businesses, based on extensive knowledge of the business, understanding its commercial objectives and understanding of media requirements
- To identify impactful proactive news stories and manage reactive press coverage opportunities, aligning creative communication campaigns to Peel L&P key messages
- Senior stakeholder management within Peel L&P in order to foster news story opportunities as well as with our external partners
- To lead on Issues / reputational management across all comms channels
- To lead on campaign evaluation and reporting
- To build and maintain close relationships with regional, national and trade media contacts to keep abreast of the news agenda and secure inclusion in relevant features and news
- Overseeing the delivery of social media content plans across a variety of channels for both b2b and b2c audiences across a number of Peel L&P businesses
- Planning and overseeing content creation (including video, images and copy) with the social media and digital team
- Ensuring the delivery of the Peel L&P PR protocol with all relevant contractors, development partners and stakeholders to ensure Peel L&P brand messaging is maintained consistently
- Overseeing and managing appointed PR agencies and ensuring delivery of results and objectives
- Overseeing monthly PR and Social Media reporting for each relevant business
- Keeping up to date with the latest PR, content and social media trends, platforms and evaluation methods
Knowledge and skills required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry-recognised qualification ideally with a minimum of four years’ experience in a Senior PR / Comms role combined with proven experience of managing a team
- First class copy writing and journalistic skills
- Experience of dealing with key regional and national business / property journalists
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven experience in creating and implementing strategic multi-channel communication campaigns with proven and demonstrable results
- Previous experience managing PR agencies and their activity
- Ability to come up with creative and pro-active content and campaign ideas
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter) and how they should be utilised for the relevant target audience
- Experience of using social media management platforms (e.g. Hootsuite)
- Flexible and reliable, with a positive outlook and proactive, outgoing attitude
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and balance competing priorities
- Previous experience of working within a Property / Retail background would also be advantageous
Be part of the family. As a Peel L&P employee you’ll have the opportunity to work with one of the most exciting and influential companies in the UK. A place where you truly develop a career. In a unique, forward-thinking and successful business that is driven to become the employer of choice in our sector. A place where you are empowered, where your path isn’t already defined, where you will be recognised and rewarded for the success you bring to the business.
We will help you to develop throughout your career with training, mentoring and support that is bespoke to the skills you need to develop. We look after each other, we care –and we look after your health and wellbeing as a member of our family.
Working collectively towards a bright future on charitable, CSR and community projects you can make a difference not only to your own day to day –but to the futures of the communities we work with.
If you are a self-starter who is also looking to be an integral part of a team. If you are determined, positive, resilient, open-minded and a great communicator…we would love to talk to you about realising the potential of your career as a member of the Peel L&P family.
- 25- Days Holiday, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- SMART LEAVE (ability to purchase up to 5 days additional holiday each calendar year)
- Peel Personal Pension Plan – Group Life Assurance AXA PPP – this scheme allows for a lump sum to be payable
- Group Income Protection Scheme
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Our healthcare cash plan provides reimbursement towards your everyday healthcare costs such as dental & optical, Annual Health Screenings
- We provide free annual health screenings for employees with a health physiologist on site
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Retailer discounts
- Free Car parking (site dependent)
- On site gym facilities (site dependent)
- Festive Bonus
Please apply below or submit your CV along with Covering Letter to email@example.com Please note – if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of your application, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.
Peel are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
For further detail of this role and to apply, please contact Jess Holbrook 0161 6298411.
WE LOVE TO WORK DIRECT WITH OUR CANDIDATES SO NO AGENCIES REQUIRED PLEASE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org