Salary: £30,000 to £42,000
Contact Name: Rachel Pitt
Telephone: 0151 443 2302
Looking for a new start? Join us in Knowsley Borough Council’s major development team!
It is a very exciting time for Knowsley and our innovative Major Development Team: we have a large amount of housing, transport and economic development projects underway, including the new Shakespeare North Playhouse and the nationally-recognised Halsnead Garden Village. We are also implementing three Town Centre masterplans and five further sustainable urban extension sites. In addition, we have secured over £42m of funding for projects to be delivered over the next two years. In short – a brilliant place to grow your career.
To help deliver our ambitious growth plans, the Planning Policy team has joined the Major Development Team. As well as producing and reviewing our planning framework, team members will have significant opportunities to lead on master planning and development briefs for some of our key sites and to get involved in the delivery of our transformational major development programme, working with other members of our multidisciplinary team. There are also exciting opportunities to work with colleagues across the Liverpool City Region on strategic planning projects.
There are two vacancies within the team:
• CVP 815 Lead Planning Policy Officer, £40,070 to £41,675 per annum: we are looking for an experienced, proactive and solution-focussed planning policy professional, already experienced in managing staff or ready to step up to leading a team
• CVP 816 Senior Planner (Policy), £32,029 to £33,799 per annum: we are looking for an enthusiastic planner, with either policy, development management or private sector experience, ready for new challenges and seeking to take the next step in growing their career.
Successful applicants will enjoy the following benefits:
• Easily accessible location, close to local amenities and with excellent transport links. It is 15 minutes to Liverpool and 30 minutes to Manchester by rail from nearby Huyton station, and near to M62 links, with staff car parking permits available• Working within a supportive and team orientated environment, based in the brand new Invest Knowsley office in Huyton
• Extensive training and professional development opportunities
• Up to 28 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays and concessionary days, with an option to purchase up
to a maximum of 10 extra days annual leave
• Flexible working hours, with the opportunity to take a up to 26 days flexi leave per year
• Generous Council pension scheme with an annual employer contribution rate of 14.8%
• Access to working rewards including: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff technology purchase scheme,
discounted gym membership, with Volair, and a host of other local discounts
For informal discussion, please contact Rachel Pitt, Technical Manager, Major Development Team, on 0151 443 2302 or Mark Cawood, Head of Planning Services, on 0151 443 2303.
The job pack documents are available on the Council’s website.
Please complete and return your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Sunday, 23 February 2020.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Thursday, 12 and Friday, 13 March 2020
@KnowsleyUK | www.investknowsley.gov.uk
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com