Salary: £41,881 - £42,821
Regeneration and Economic Development
Planning Services / Planning Policy Team
Pay Band O / SCP 38 – 39
£41,881 – £42,821 per annum
36hrs per week
Job reference: CVP 082
The acceleration of growth and development in Knowsley is well underway and we need a talented leader to help us to continue on this journey.
If you are an experienced, proactive and solution-focussed planning policy professional, already experienced in managing staff – or ready to step up to leading a team – please do get in touch.
We have high profile projects in flight, including the iconic Shakespeare North Playhouse and the nationally recognised Halsnead Garden Village. We are also delivering on three transformational Town Centre masterplans and progressing the development of five further sustainable urban extension sites. We have significantly accelerated the delivery of quality housing and we have secured over £42m of Combined Authority Single Investment Fund projects to be delivered over the next two years.
Working alongside colleagues from other disciplines, under our successful Invest Knowsley brand, there will be significant opportunities to lead on masterplanning and development briefs for some of our key sites. Also, to support the delivery of our transformational major development programme, working with other members of our talented and friendly multidisciplinary team.
The post holder will also be key in supporting the Council’s navigation of the benefits, challenges and opportunities arising from the nationally changing planning policy environment.
In short – a brilliant place to grow your career.
The main purpose of the job is to:
- Lead the preparation, programming and review of the Council’s Local Plan, Supplementary Planning Documents and related documents;
- Lead other planning policy work including Knowsley’s contributions to Liverpool City Region planning strategy and policy projects;
- Manage the Council’s planning policy team, seeking to deliver an efficient and effective service which provides expert technical guidance and advice to customers and colleagues;
- Ensure that the Council’s planning policies and strategies support our growth aspirations, enable sustainable development, support accelerated growth, regeneration and investment in the borough;
- Represent the Council at meetings with developers, communities and outside bodies on a range of planning policy and related issues.
The successful candidate will possess a degree level qualification in Town and Country Planning or equivalent and be a member (or eligible to join) the RTPI. They will also have considerable experience of working within a Council Planning Service or an equivalent environment and be able to demonstrate an ability to manage, lead and motivate staff.
We also offer:
- Excellent flexible working policy;
- Easily accessible office location (15 mins to Liverpool, 30 mins to Manchester by rail from Huyton), with staff car parking permits available;
- Working within a supportive and team orientated environment;
- Extensive training and professional development opportunities;
- 27 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays with an option to purchase up to a maximum of 10 extra days annual leave;
- Generous Council pension scheme with an annual employer contribution rate of 14.8%, and;
- Access to working rewards including cycle scheme, staff technology purchase scheme, discounted gym membership (with Volair), and a host of other local discounts.
For an informal discussion, please contact Mark Cawood, on (0151) 443 2303 or Kevin Foster on (0151) 443 2893.
Closing Date: Friday 23 October 2020
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com