Salary: £30,000 to £50,000
Location: Manchester or Warrington
Fixed term contract until 22 November 2018
Homes England is looking to recruit a Planning Manager to join its North West Planning and Enabling team in Manchester or Warrington in order to provide maternity cover for the current post holder.
As part of a small sub-team of three within the NW’s Public Sector Land Team the successful candidate would provide planning and enabling advice and support to external LA and developer partners for a range of complex housing development projects in the North West.
The role will involve you providing specialist planning/enabling support and knowledge to external partners to help unblock, de-risk, and deliver high profile, large and complex sites that will make a significant contribution to meeting government targets and ambitions for increased housing supply in the northwest. This includes support to Garden Villages, Housing Zones and several other regionally important large scale housing sites. The role also involves liaison with other teams in Homes England, attendance at the national Garden Towns and Villages network events and responding to general planning queries from the northwest delivery team colleagues.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- A Chartered Town Planner or relevant built environment professional with substantial and relevant post qualification experience
- Experience and demonstrable achievement of aiding the delivery of high quality large scale complex, challenging development proposals through the planning process with both public and/or private sectors
- Thorough understanding of the components of high quality sustainable development and detailed knowledge of the planning process and related policy & legislation, development management policy, established and emerging practice.
- Strong track record of delivering results through negotiation with multiple stakeholders and meeting expectations of organisations with differing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
For more information on the role and how to apply, please visit the Civil Service Jobs page here
Please note – we do not accept CVs as a form of application
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com