Salary: Competitive salary - to be negotiated
Contact Name: Mark Vaughan
Senior / Associate/ Associate Director – Planning and Development Surveyor
4-5 day working week (based on 37.5 hours FTE)
15 month fixed term contract from March 2021
Some travel will be required
Location – Manchester City Centre fringe/Salford/Home Working
Hive Land & Planning is an award-winning, niche planning and surveying practice that has the combined skill set to provide a wide-ranging consultancy offer to both public and private sector clients. Hive has a particularly strong track record in residential development. In the c.3 years since Hive was established, the company has developed an outstanding reputation for quality of service in various specialist fields, including:
- Planning consultancy and site promotion;
- Delivery of Garden Villages and other large scale growth areas;
- City Living/Regeneration;
- Infrastructure Funding Agreements;
- Site Finding and Brokering;
- Project Governance;
- Landowner/Market Engagement; and
- Green Infrastructure Stewardship Vehicles
Hive has quickly grown to 6 qualified professionals, delivering an exciting range of projects for our client base that includes Local Authorities, Registered Providers, volume and SME housebuilders, Homes England, contractors, commercial developers and landowners.
As a small and modern company, we work closely with one another in a collaborative and flexible way, ensuring that the skills and experience of team members are matched to suit the requirements of the project and our client.
Hive’s ethos is to be personable and work in collaboration and partnership with our clients, local authorities, consultant teams and the communities we work in. We pride ourselves in providing a diverse and bespoke service to our clients, with a clear focus to provide high quality advice, outputs and results.
At Hive we are currently working on a wide range of large scale transformative projects that are at the cutting edge of national housing policies. Our development consultancy instructions are frequently bespoke one-off projects requiring an ability to work flexibly, creating and applying innovative solutions to the specific requirements of the project.
Notable projects Hive are instructed on include :
- St Cuthbert’s Garden Town, Carlisle (10,325 units) – Landowner Engagement, Infrastructure Funding, Delivery Advice and Strategic Partnership Advice
- South Seaham Garden Village (1,500 units) – Governance and Strategic Partnership Advice
- The Garden Village @ Handforth, Cheshire (1,675 units) – Infrastructure Funding, Disposal Strategy and Green Infrastructure Modelling
- The South Lancaster Growth Catalyst (10,000 + units) Infrastructure Funding and Strategic Delivery Advice
- The award winning Preston City Living Strategy (3,000+ units) – Advising Preston City Council on the delivery of stalled brownfield sites in Preston city centre and inner suburbs.
- Crompton Place, Bolton – 600,000 sqft mixed use town centre regeneration scheme
- Various large-scale residential growth projects
Who are we looking for?
Hive will be looking for a candidate who can demonstrate the majority of the following qualifications, experience and attributes :
- Related degree and/or postgraduate qualification; and
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) membership (preferred)
- Consultancy or developer experience, with a focus on the residential sector;
- A track record of working with public and private sector clients, with an understanding of organisational drivers; and
- Demonstrable project management skills, with experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Confident communicator, with an ability to work with senior officers and company Directors;
- Capable of working to strict deadlines, operating within clear financial controls;
- A self-starter, with strong commercial awareness (of both Hive’s and clients’ interests);
- Collaborative approach to work, grounded in a partnership ethos;
- Solution focused, adopting innovative and creative approaches to independently deliver projects;
- Ability to run multiple projects at the same time and apply robust prioritisation; and
- Ability to work flexibly and work outside standard hours of work in response to business requirements
The requirements of the role are varied and will change based on the nature of projects and client instructions at any given time.
Your specific responsibilities will include (although not be limited to):
- Site finding and analysis;
- Landowner engagement and site assembly;
- Marketing reports;
- Site delivery advice, including complex opportunities;
- Funding Bids under the Towns Fund, Brownfield Land Fund and other programmes;
- Negotiating grant funding agreements and providing evidence reports;
- High level viability advice;
- Negotiations with landowners; and
- Other work as required by Hive
The successful candidate may also be required to undertake tasks in support of the management and operation of the business and its promotion.
Although a permanent role is not guaranteed at the end of this fixed term contract, we are a growing business and so an opportunity for a permanent role could evolve over time for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will require the use of their own car and a valid driving license.
Interested parties should contact Mark Vaughan on email@example.com or 07990 526485 in the first instance and submit a CV via email no later than Friday 5th February 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org