Salary: £40k - £50k plus car allowance & benefits
Location: Manchester / North West
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
On behalf of our client, we are seeking expressions of interest from experienced RICS qualified Planning and Development Surveyors to join a successful Planning and Development Team, specialising within residential development, in an expanding Manchester office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that has built a great reputation through its practical understanding, technical expertise and ability to deliver commercial solutions to complex planning and development issues and work on a range of large exciting planning and development projects.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the development process and planning system, together with the interpersonal skills to work and liaise directly with clients and to interface with other professionals involved in projects. Enthusiasm, attention to detail, the ability to write and communicate effectively, the ability to work within a team and across a broad spectrum of projects, often in challenging circumstances, are pre-requisites of the role.
The appointment would suit candidates with previous consultancy experience and those from a Planning & Development background with skills in both Surveying and Town Planning. The ability to take a leading role in large development feasibility projects and undertake/oversee the preparation of viability assessments and market reports will be an important part of the role.
• Provision of planning and development advice to external and internal clients across residential land-uses;
• Assist in coordination and management (project management) of major planning and development instructions as part of a project specific team;
• Providing commercial advice to clients on strategic matters of development, funding and real estate;
• Ability to undertake/oversee the preparation of viability assessments and market reports;
• Taking an active role in the management and review of outputs from a range of disciplines/professionals;
• A good understanding of how projects are funded and financed;
• Have experience and understanding on how public – private sector partnering arrangements are out in place to deliver development projects; and
• Assisting in the identification, development and pursuit of new business and marketing opportunities.
• Professional Membership of either the RICS (Planning & Development pathway or General Practice) or RTPI;
• Dynamic, enthusiastic, flexible and commercially astute with excellent interpersonal skills;
• Willingness to act on your own initiative, accept responsibility and able to identify areas of weakness for personal development;
• Strong focus on own professional skills and integrity;
• The ability and confidence to engage directly with clients and other professionals within project design teams, to give advice and direction, plus when required to make decisions;
• The ability to multi-task, work to tight timescales, often under challenging circumstances, with minimal supervision and to a high standard;
• Willingness and ability to identify and nurture new business opportunities;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical abilities; and
• Confident team player able to work well with colleagues and clients.
• Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook);
• Ability to undertake viability assessments and prepare market reports;
• Sound analytical skills;
• Diplomacy in dealing with a range of different cultures and clients;
• Willingness to travel; and
• A driving licence.
To apply: Please contact Andrew Kingsley on 07879 413 765 or email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference AK18594.
Kingsley is a leading Property & Built Environment Recruitment Consultancy, providing across all levels of seniority, throughout the North West and beyond. Our Directors hold a true mix of time-served surveying experience and high-level Professional Recruitment, which sets us apart from our competitors.
If you are considering either your next career move, or looking to recruit within your property team, then please contact Kingsley for Independent, Confidential and Qualified advice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com