Contact Name: Jill Kittos
Telephone: 0161 297 3000
This is an exciting opportunity for a Planner to join our highly experienced development team.
This role is a permanent position, based in Manchester and is ideally suited to persons looking to develop their careers in an established and expanding strategic land company with an existing portfolio comprising 2,650 acres and expected to receive planning consent for over 34m sq ft of primarily logistics property over the next four years.
The successful individual will have a minimum of 5-6 years’ experience, preferably within the private sector.
Membership of the RTPI is beneficial, but not essential.
The position has a demanding workload and the candidate will be working alongside a talented close-knit team on a range of existing planning projects and the appraisal of new land opportunities throughout the UK.
The role will involve supporting company directors and management of technical teams on development projects as appropriate – the ability to work both in a team and independently and deliver to challenging deadlines is essential.
The position requires commitment and a positive approach towards development and strong communication skills to confidently deliver key project messages to a wide audience.
Typical duties will include:
- Establishing planning strategy for projects in conjunction with directors
- Management and appointment of consultant teams
- Ensuring delivery of planning and commercial objectives established
- Drafting and reviewing technical reports in support of planning applications/site promotions
- Monitoring of planning applications and project strategies
- Liaising with landowners, local authorities and stakeholders throughout the planning process
- Attendance at public exhibitions
- Providing independent review of planning prospects of potential development sites
- Undertaking site visits and site appraisals
- Planning input into board releases
- Monitoring and management of project budgets
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading commercial developer offering an excellent remuneration package with opportunities for career progression.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org