Salary: £80k upwards plus substantial benefits package
Location: Home Based - Anywhere UK
Contact Name: Caroline Kingsley
VACANCY REF: CK18764
We are currently seeking an experienced PFI consultant to lead the delivery of several commissions arising from “end of contract” requirements across numerous PFI assets, covering Healthcare and Education.
An important part in building our credentials and reputation in this area is to demonstrate a deep understanding of the PFI market, PFI contract and stakeholder structures and how to engage and provide technical and commercial advice to support collaborative but contractually focussed dialogue with all stakeholders. You may have gained experience of this through hands on change management, working for the Authority, SPC (Project Co.) or FM Service Provider (within a PFI Contract delivery scenario) or through a transferable consultant background.
Along with this, you will need to have a consultative approach, be adept at influencing stakeholders and developing strong working relationships.
We are looking for someone who ideally is:
- An exceptional relationship builder, with the ability to engage with senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Highly persuasive, collaborative and excellent at getting things done
- Commercially minded and committed to delivering outcomes and results
- An expert in navigating and working with PPP/PFI contracts and the stakeholder map.
- Experienced with SPV/Asset Management including project lifecycles
You will have a good understanding of the principles of PFI contracts, stakeholder responsibilities, life cycle obligations and analysis. Project management of stakeholder groups would be an advantage, along with exceptional report writing skills.
Key Role Requirements
- Experience of the financial, technical and commercial aspects of private finance initiative (PFI) and public private partnership (PPP) projects. This experience may have been gained as an advisor, lender, investor/ equity sponsor, fund manager, operator, contractor, or public authority contract holder.
- Proven experience of driving and supporting complex transactions and developing innovative solutions that meet organisational objectives
- An understanding of the government business case process including Value for Money assessments.
- Excellent proven stakeholder management skills necessary to work collaboratively with a diverse mix of internal and external stakeholders and sponsors.
- Experience in the operational aspects of PPP contracts.
- Experience in project management – leadership, planning, time management, team/resource management, etc.
- Experience contributing to complex multi-party financial transactions and working with advisors and stakeholders.
- Strong proven commercial negotiation skills
- Able to work independently and manage a busy workload to deliver deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to think strategically in Government, working with senior leaders and stakeholders in the public and private sectors to meet objectives and resolve complex problems.
- Leading in providing advice to various SPC and Authority bodies on technical, commercial, and financial aspects of PPP/PFI contracts. This is expected to cover issues such as statutory and contract compliance, performance and payment, life cycle reviews, operational efficiencies, contract variations, renegotiation, restructuring, contract expiry and other contract management issues.
- Leading communications and managing relationships with senior officials in the stakeholder groups across SPC’s investors and end users.
- Representing the business in commercial discussions and negotiations with recognition of own contribution to enhancing the Divisions reputation
- Autonomy for decision-making at a senior level.
- Contributing to the development of PFI training, guidance, standards and other portfolio and contract management tools and products
- Build networks with investors, asset managers, lenders, contractors and advisors.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of industry best practice standards and market trends.
In return, we are offering a competitive salary of circa. £80,000 p/a, plus a generous benefits package including performance bonus, healthcare, pension & life assurance.
We are a team of people with energy, pace and passion; if that sounds like you, apply now or contact email@example.com to discuss the opportunity further.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org