Salary: £25,000 + excellent package
Contact Name: Dino Moutsopoulos
A marketing and events manager is required by the North West’s leading property news publisher based in Manchester city centre.
Over the past 10 years, Place North West has established a strong reputation in its market for setting the news agenda for the region’s property community. The company publishes news, comment, in-depth special reports and advice on a broad subject range with a strict regional focus.
In addition to online publishing, Place North West delivers the region’s best industry events, from breakfast briefings to day-long conferences and large social events.
This is a diverse role suitable for a marketing and events professional with at least three years’ experience in a business-to-business environment.
You will be responsible for devising and delivering online and offline marketing campaigns, managing events and assisting the commercial department of Place North West.
This role is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, energetic and diligent individual who is looking for an opportunity to work with a large degree of autonomy and who thrives on making a lasting impact through their own individual efforts.
We are looking for someone with ambition, drive and a positive attitude, able to work to tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy. The successful candidate will have a high level of pride in their work and will always be looking to improve.
You will be responsible for managing all Place North West events, from inception right through to delivery.
The marketing and events manager will be responsible for planning and executing innovative marketing campaigns across our specific events and the business as a whole.
You will work closely with the editorial and commercial teams to ensure plans are integrated and delivered within budget, on time and to the highest standard.
The person and skills
This position requires a dynamic and ambitious marketing and events manager who is experienced at successfully managing multiple event and marketing projects within a commercially driven b2b events environment.
We are looking for someone with ambition, drive and a positive attitude to working to tight deadlines. Someone who is keen to show their passion for quality and who always looks to improve and deliver the next best event.
Skills and experience required include:
- Graduate with a 2:1 or a 1st degree
- Proven experience of developing & executing successful B2B events
- Excellent communication skills – written & verbal
- Confident, personable with strong networking skills
- 3+ years’ experience in b2b event marketing management
- Proficient skills with various marketing software such as Photoshop, Slideshare, Excel
- Good attention to detail
- Current online marketing and social media experience: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Reddit, Pinterest
- Direct marketing skills with a sales focus (online and offline)
- Experience in sourcing quality suppliers for events and marketing- venues, printers, caterers, designers
- Passionate about creating high level, engaging and accurate copy
- Delivery of projects to deadlines and within budget
- Team player but able to work independently
- Experience in running/planning projects with budgets
- Experience of invoicing and financial software an advantage
- Good analytical skills for campaign monitoring, conducting post-event marketing analysis and measuring ROI
- Strategic and tactical decision making for the events and marketing function
- Manage and deliver the events campaign for our annual portfolio of existing conferences, socials and summits
- Represent the business at various industry networking events
- Manage and deliver our calendar of events with the production and commercial team*
- Manage and deliver ad hoc client events as and when throughout the year
- Copy writing for marketing materials for events, including emails, brochures, websites, etc.
- Event campaign execution across all appropriate channels – CRM database, direct communications with clients and suppliers, external media, and social media
- Research & analysis of events to ensure the correct marketing strategy is delivered
- Design ideas for event and marketing delivery with commercial ROI at the core
- Deliver the social media for the company and sub brands
- Manage the marketing and promotional elements of the company’s online offerings including content marketing, advertising, product reviews and event listings
- Management event and marketing administration
- Develop business relationships through phone & face to face meetings
- Support the sales function through database management, CRM upkeep
- Conduct tele-sales and marketing campaigns to sell tickets, sponsorship and market online opportunities
- Source suppliers for events and marketing materials – venues, print, promotional merchandise
- Any other tasks required by the business
*This is not necessarily a 9-5pm business and occasional early morning and late evening work will be required when delivering our events
The package and benefits
Excellent package worth circa £30,000 including:
- Salary £25,000 per annum
- 20 days holiday per year plus Christmas period and bank holidays
- Your commute to work paid
- Company performance bonuses
- Mobile phone provision
- Company matching pension scheme
- Flexible working hours available (normal hours 8.30am – 4.30pm)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org