Location: Head office - Preston
The Marketing & Communications Manager role is key to the company wide growth and brand awareness through various marketing channels. Working in a small team, you will have the opportunity to make decisions and implement new ideas. This is a hands-on role, with a strong focus on implementing and supporting the marketing and communications activities across the seven Divisions in the Group. It is a great opportunity to shape the marketing and communication strategy supporting the growth of the business and for the Eric Wright Charitable Trust.
We are seeking an excellent communicator with outstanding copywriting skills, together with a proven ability to develop and deliver a highly effective marketing and communications strategy. You must have a good eye for detail, a flair for creativity and a proven track record of delivering B2B digital marketing campaigns through web, social and email channels.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Maple Grove Developments (part of the Eric Wright Group), you will develop and deliver all marketing and communications strategies across the Group. This will be in line with the Divisional and Group Business Plan objectives and within an agreed marketing budget.
Key deliverables will include:
- Acting as primary contact for Marketing and Communications across the Group both internally and externally
- Developing a brand strategy and hierarchy for the Group
- Defining, executing and coordinating a communications strategy
- Developing key messages for the Group to include the vision and values
- Manage brand guidelines across the Group
- Working with the Divisional MD’s and the external PR Company to raise awareness of the Group/Divisions/Projects/People to support work winning and business development
- Managing the external PR Company and provide monthly reports on activities
- Managing crisis communications across the Group with the external PR Company and support the development of appropriate procedures
- Creating an internal communication plan to include, Group Business Updates, newsletters, capability statements and award submissions
- Manage and deliver website content and build microsites where required using both WordPress and Wix
- Monitor and report on website and social media data analytics
- Manage the Group wide social media plan (digital marketing strategy) and keep abreast of new social and digital developments, looking for new channels and opportunities to raise the profile of the business and its people
- Identify commission and manage the production of a wide range of digital assets including video, timelapse, photography and podcasts
- Manage and suggest targeted speaking opportunities for the MDs/Key Personnel
- Collate and draft case studies and project updates for the website
- Provide business insights
The ideal candidate must hold a suitable relevant qualification e.g., Marketing degree. In addition you’ll have strong copywriting skills as well as being proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud suite (Indesign, Photoshop), MS Office (Powerpoint, Word and Excel), website content management systems (WordPress and Wix) and press cuttings/coverage services (Vuelio). Your management experience will aid in dealing and communicating with multi-divisional businesses, customers and clients, being able to prioritize a diverse workload whilst achieving deadlines. Your creative flair and attention to detail will be used to create assets, campaigns and designs to corporate branding standards. Finally, you’ll be a self-starter who keeps up to date on changes relating to marketing and communications particularly within our business sectors.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package.
The Eric Wright Group is a well-established and widely recognised property and construction company, offering a wide range of services from construction and civil engineering, to property development and facilities management. Uniquely the Group is owned by the Eric Wright Charitable Trust and is a commercially focused business with a social purpose.
The Group encompasses several companies, each with its own specific focus, resourced by staff with specialist skills. Whilst each company operates independently, they are all intrinsically linked and regularly work closely together. This gives the Group the ability to deliver successfully a wide range of projects across all areas of expertise.
To apply, submit your CV with covering letter stating why you are interested in the position via our Careers page at www.ericwright.co.uk/careers/current-positions
Closing Date – Monday 30 November 2020
Interviews scheduled week commencing 7 December
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org