Salary: £65000 - £80000 + Package
Contact Name: Kevin Bratherton
We are delighted to be working with a leading developer which operates an in-house construction management division in the search for an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor. The operate across the mix-use, residential and student accommodation sectors and have an impressive order book of work.
- Provision of commercial, contractual and financial management service to projects and the business to ensure profit objectives and targets are met.
- To maximise the financial effectiveness and profitability of the business through diligent application of proper contractual and commercial practices and with the careful management of risk
- Assist the Construction Team with the preparation of the Project Master programme
- Assist in the preparation of co-ordinated design programmes and schedules of drawings/information required to allow cost planning and tendering
- Instigate cost control procedures during design development by means of a Cost Appraisal.
- Attend regular design meeting with the consultants as appropriate. Influence the design process and ensure that cost and ease of construction are always taken into account in the design process
- Undertake regular reviews of the cost appraisal to ensure that design is developing within its parameters
- Prepare and submit regular reports comparing actual estimates against the cost appraisal. Identify problem areas and variances
- Identify areas of risk and uncertainty and review levels of contingency allowance appropriate to the design stage
- Assist the Employer’s Agent in preparing a suitable list of tenderers and advise on procurement strategy, tendering procedures and contract arrangements
- Attend progress meetings with consultants and the construction team
- Identify requirements for Sub-Contract Warranties and ensure that documentation is properly issued, agreed and executed
- Oversee the management of Project Cost Plans
- Monitor the procurement process throughout the duration of the works
- Oversee the preparation of a list of suitable Sub-Contractors for each work package
- Oversee the preparation of detailed Sub-Contract tender packages
- Oversee the placing of orders with Sub-Contractors/Suppliers
- Oversee the management of Sub-Contract Packages
- Oversee the preparation of monthly reports (CVRs)
- To support contracts throughout the country as required. We envisage 1-2 nights away from home per week.
- The instigation and monitoring of standard reporting procedures for use by the Commercial Team
- Recruitment and deployment of staff within the commercial team to provide an effective service for the business
- Identify and communicate training and other requirements to allow development and retention of staff.
- Provide staff with support and guidance on their job responsibilities
- Provide contractual and commercial support to other departments within the group and advise on commercial risk
- Encourage others to adopt new ways of working with enthusiasm
- Seek to minimise waste in resources/processes
- Be flexible and be willing to be involved in other activities to achieve the company objective
- Holds the relevant qualifications (e.g. degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management)
- Working knowledge of the construction industry, commercial and procurement processes and procedures
- Experience within a similar role
- To have strong people and leadership skills
- To be able to work as part of a team
- Good communication and delegation skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org