Salary: Up to £50,000 plus car allowance & benefits
Location: Manchester/North West
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley MRICS
Telephone: 07879 413 765
A multidisciplinary surveying consultancy is looking to strengthen its lease consultancy team by recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and commercially aware Senior Surveyor or Associate Director to their North West team, based in Manchester.
There is genuine opportunity for non-Director level candidates (Senior or Associate Director) to be progress and be promoted to full Director level in a relatively short period of time.
The position will be to assist in leading the offer in providing rent review, lease renewal and related advice on primarily office, retail and industrial property throughout the Northern markets although work further afield may take place when appropriate.
Our client also supports and advises clients on break clauses, lease restructuring, dilapidations and other leasehold related matters as well as providing strategic advice. The company culture is highly professional, dynamic and fixated with delivering marketing solutions of the very highest standards of excellence to all their clients.
The candidate shall ideally have at least 2-5 years post MRICS qualification and experienced to carry out lease consultancy for both retained management clients and private client work.
- Rent Review and Lease Renewal Strategy
- Good technical and working knowledge of the Landlord and Tenant Acts
- Lease Interpretation
- Collation and Analysis of Evidence
- Rental Valuations
- Arbitration, Independent Expert and Dispute Resolution referrals
- Advice on Court procedures
- Lease Restructuring and Renegotiation
- Advice on sub-lease and assignment.
Key Attributes and Qualifications
- MRICS qualified (minimum 2-5 years PQE)
- There is a strong culture of teamwork but there is still the scope to take a significant degree of personal responsibility for ensuring client needs are met.
- To carry out property inspections/viewings, prepare client reports and conduct negotiations.
- To use strong research and analytical skills to identify and interpret market transactional and rental evidence.
- To be a strong and effective negotiator on the client’s behalf and to develop effective and long-lasting relationships with our clients.
- To use good organisational skills to manage and prioritise a busy and developing caseload.
- To provide general practice support for the team as required
- To develop and maintain a strong network of internal and external contacts and to use these contacts, in order to further develop business for their clients.
- Proven IT skills, including high-level Microsoft Word and Excel competencies.
- Well organised, efficient, using initiative and working to tight deadlines.
- Good written/communication skills with an eye for detail.
- A commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships.
- Flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
- Positive attitude and willing to learn with and develop the team.
- Strong drive for results and highly proactive, in order to maintain momentum and complete the task.
- A high degree of analytical ability.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Car allowance
- Company benefits
- Excellent potential of career progression with a market leader
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew Kingsley on 07879 413 765 for further information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org