Salary: £39,961- £40,858
Pay Band O / SCP 44-45
Salary £39,961- £40,858 per annum
Ref: CVP 625
Looking for a new start for 2019? Join us in Knowsley’s Major Development team!
It is a very exciting time for Knowsley and our innovative Major Development Team: we have a substantial list of pipeline schemes for housing, transport and economic development, including several high profile schemes such as the new Shakespeare North Playhouse and the nationally-recognised Halsnead Garden Village. We are also in the process of implementing three Town Centre masterplans and five further sustainable urban extension sites. In addition, we have secured over £42m of Combined Authority Single Investment Fund projects to be delivered over the next two years. In short – a brilliant place to grow your career.
The Lead Engineer will work collaboratively as a member of the Major Development Team and will be primarily responsible for ensuring the delivery of any highways, associated landscape and drainage infrastructure. The postholder will also be responsible for securing legal agreements associated with development proposals (including s.278, s.38 and s.106). They will ensure that development proposals maintain highway safety, secure improvements and sustainable means of access, maintain and improve the highway environment for all users and preserve the amenity of existing highway users from the impact of any proposed development.
We are looking for a problem solver, able to identify innovative solutions, secure delivery and provide a proactive service that stimulates growth.
The successful applicant will enjoy the following benefits:
- Easily accessible location (15 mins to Liverpool, 30 mins to Manchester by rail), with staff car parking permits available;
- Working within a supportive and team orientated environment, based in the brand new Invest Knowsley office;
- Up to 28 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays and up to an additional 26 days flexi leave, with an option to purchase up to a maximum of 10 extra days annual leave;
- Flexible working hours;
- Generous Council pension scheme with an annual employer contribution rate of 14.8%;
- Access to working rewards including: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff technology purchase scheme, discounted gym membership (with Volair), and a host of other local discounts.
For informal discussion, please contact Rachel Pitt (Technical Manager – Major Development Team) on 0151 443 2302.
Closing date: Friday 8 March 2019.
How to apply: For further details and an application pack, please visit our website at: http://www.knowsley.gov.uk/jobs/knowsley-council-vacancies.aspx
@KnowsleyUK | www.investknowsley.gov.uk
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org