Are you hungry for global exposure for your talents and projects? Are you keen to step up in terms of building a multi-disciplined landscape team whilst working with others in a broad based design practice?
We are looking for an experienced Landscape Architect to take a lead role in our Manchester based team. We want someone to become part of our passionate and forward facing local leadership group – shaping a new regional design hub and nurturing talent to deliver great client outcomes. This would suit an established team leader or someone who feels they are ready to step up.
Our Manchester team brings passion, drive and technical excellence to our projects, and we are looking for a likeminded professional to further build on our capabilities.
We are seeking someone who will help develop our culture, who will consistently exceed client needs and who wants to genuinely create a better, greener and more sustainable future with all the challenges and rewards that may bring.
We have exciting plans for our Manchester studio, and we are proud to offer a great, agile working environment, unlimited career opportunity and an attractive salary package.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading the Manchester landscape team on a wide range of national and international projects, strongly overlapping with the urban design team
- Managing team resources and the financial performance of projects
- Helping to shape the direction of the business
- Interacting with clients through meetings and presentations, attendance at networking events and meetings, and helping us win exciting new work
- Leading on the preparation of proposals for new projects and evaluating scope of work
- Reviewing team output, both technically and creatively, and driving quality throughout our process
Skills & Qualifications
- Appropriate Technical degree(s) in Landscape Architecture (or equivalent) and / or Urban Design
- Relevant work experience in a multi-disciplinary environment with specific personal responsibility for Landscape projects
- Experience of taking projects from inception to completion
- Proven confidence for client facing activity and managing junior designer inputs is required
- Advanced design / presentation skills and technical competence
- Motivation and ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, landscape architects, engineers, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work and play.
- Integrity – We do what is right
- Partnerships – We work together
- Excellence – We pursue design excellence
- Innovation – We embrace ingenuity
- Community – We build community
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI Group, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org