Salary: £30,000 - £36,000
Location: Manchester or Newcastle
We’re passionate about creating experientially rich and ecologically diverse external spaces for the benefit of the communities we serve. We’re on the hunt for enthusiastic and talented Landscape Architects to join our growing teams in Manchester and Newcastle.
THE JOB – The work we expect you to deliver
Typical duties and responsibilities will include:
- Play a leading role in the technical and on site delivery of our most ambitious projects
- Producing, reviewing and improving the technical drawings and digital communication within the studio
- Support and drive the studio’s BIM capability and digital 3D models (currently modelling in Vectorworks and rendering in TwinMotion)
- Lead the production of design concepts and planning submissions
THE WORK – The types of projects you’ll work on
We work with the best professional teams for some of the most forward-thinking clients in the country. Our portfolio includes projects like:
- Low carbon residential masterplans like the Climate Innovation District in Leeds
- Town Centre regeneration and public realm schemes in Maryport, Ramsbottom and Haslingden as part of the Government’s ‘Future High Streets Fund’
- University and Higher Education campus’ design and masterplanning
- Projects based around activating external spaces like at Leeds Dock and Spinningfields in Manchester
- Large scale PRS and BTR projects in London and the South East
- Private gardens for clients who value good, contemporary design (delivered using Traditional contracts)
THE PERSON – The demonstrable skills and behaviours you possess
As a minimum you will have a postgraduate degree in Landscape Architecture or other comparable design qualification and have a few years experience under your belt. Ideally you will be a Chartered Landscape Architect or well will be well on your way to achieving chartered status. We would expect you to possess and clearly demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
- A love of all things technical, and a genuine enthusiasm for understanding ‘how things go together’. We will expect you to be able to demonstrate technical creativity in your design solutions.
- Experience of delivering (or playing a critical role in supporting) high quality public realm interventions in an urban setting.
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks diligently and independently with a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, including demonstrable experience in delivering technical drawings, specifications and reports.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with experience in liaising with clients and multi-disciplinary team members in a confident and coherent manner.
INTERESTED? Read on if you would like to join our talented and hard-working team.
Please send us an original cover letter setting out why you would be a good fit, what attracts you to Layer.studio and what unique skills or traits you would bring to the team. Please also send a CV and a short portfolio of your work to email@example.com. We are striving to be as diverse and as inclusive as possible, please ensure your cover letter, CV and portfolio are ‘blind’ insomuch as they don’t reveal your name, gender, age or ethnicity. Please provide an email address and/or telephone number and you’ll be contacted should you be successful and invited to interview. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01625 523 157 and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
A full job specification can be found here.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com