Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 plus company car & benefits
Location: North West England
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley MRICS
Telephone: 07879 413 765
A Senior Estates Surveyor is required to join an existing In-House Estates Team of a leading independent convenience retailer which has benefitted from significant portfolio expansion in recent times.
Reporting to the Estates Manager, this newly formed role will include all aspects of property and asset management, including Landlord and Tenant related matters, across the the operational, investment and sublet property portfolio within the UK and Republic of Ireland (ROI).
- Undertake rent reviews & lease renewals, utilising external agents where necessary.
- Seek out market opportunities – purchase of freeholds, sale & leasebacks, lease re-gears and extensions.
- Effective management of the existing portfolio across the UK and ROI
- Add value to the portfolio
- Landlords and tenants liaison to ensure the effective property portfolio management.
- Monitoring and challenging property-related holding costs.
- Build strong relationships with both internal and external advisors and stakeholders including solicitors, property advisors, managing agents and landlords.
- To work closely with in-house Construction and Planning team to ensure projects on leasehold sites are delivered effectively.
- Optimising rental income, disposal of surplus accommodation and maintaining relationships with subtenants to make sure they comply with their contractual obligations.
- Provide focused and site specific support on other aspects of estate management e.g. rating, compulsory purchase, the closure and disposal of sites and dilapidation claims.
- A strong and proven track record of dealing with leasehold premises – rent reviews, lease renewals, lease re-gears and extensions.
- Previous experience in the retail, leisure and roadside sectors would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and build & strengthen professional relationships with all stakeholers.
- Eeffective time management in a fast-moving and dynamic work environment to deliver matters and projects successfully and in a timely manner.
- Good IT skills to include, but not limited to, Excel, PowerPoint and Word as well the management and operation of the Groups property Database, Qube.
- A salary of between £40,000 – £45,000 DOE
- Company car
- Discretionary bonus
- …and more
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join a long-established and successful private organisation.
To apply for this position in complete confidence, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley at Kingsley on 07879 413 765 for further information.
Kingsley is a leading Property & Built Environment Recruitment Consultancy, providing across all levels of seniority, throughout the Northwest and beyond. Our consultants hold a true mix of time-served surveying experience and high-level Professional Recruitment, which sets us apart from our competitors. If you are considering either your next career move, or looking to recruit within your property team, then please contact Kingsley for independent, confidential and qualified advice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com