Salary: Up To £45k + Car/Allowance & Benefits
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
Kingsley has been retained by a national retailer to source an in-house Property Management Surveyor to join their existing property team. With a portfolio extending to 760 stores throughout the UK, this is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious and growing retailer and be responsible for a range of duties to help shape the continued success of the organisation, throughout the marketplace.
Purpose of the Role:
The successful candidate shall be responsible for a range of asset management duties throughout the northern regions of the UK either though their own implementation or through external consultancies which can be summarised as follows:
- Proactive management of all professional property ensuring SLA’s are complied with and the business is protected at all times.
- Adapt and renew strategy and instruction to reflect changing market conditions and requirements.
- Challenge senior stakeholders around the estate strategy assumptions to ensure best property solutions are identified
- Manage external providers of property services to ensure SLAs are being met and activities are completed on time and to budget.
- Investigate and make recommendations to Head of Property to solve issues in order to protect the business & EBITDA.
- Provide a best of class corporate real estate service and implement individual property strategies to protect and enhance trading profits through proactive asset and lease management, controlling cost and working to agreed budgets. Budgets need to be challenged, agreed and then reported on.
- Working with stakeholders & challenging them across the business to ensure the alignment of the property interest with operational, regulatory and commercial requirements, wherever possible generating additional value from the strength of the covenant.
- Effectively manage the end to end process of lease renewals and rent reviews, ensuring instructions are given in a timely manner to allow proper budget reporting, challenge providers to confirm that settlements are at market levels and could not be bettered and make sure that
outsourced service providers are adhering to agreed reporting timescales and procedures so that future occupancy costs and revenue are accurately budgeted and controlled.
- Prepare monthly KPI report clearly detailing activity within the period and savings against budget.
- For the allocated portfolio, to manage the Landlord & Tenant relationship on the leasehold portfolio including applications for landlord consents (alterations, use, planning etc.) repairs notices and dilapidations claims and manage / challenge service charge and insurance costs.
- Manage the property element of disposals of going concern businesses, and surplus property disposals at all times ensuring best value is achieved and ensuring that any cost-effective opportunities for value enhancement are progressed to maximise the capital value and proceeds generated from the wider estate.
- Manage property acquisitions be they part of a going concern business cold starts or relocations. Ensure deals are done at a market level and that terms incorporate the complexity of the regulated pharmacy market.
- To manage any closedown of a unit and handover to the management agents with recommendations.
- Support the Property Co-ordinator/Junior Estates surveyor in this portfolio.
- To manage the onerous leasehold portfolio to minimize contingent liabilities and future accounting provisions by achieving cost effective property solutions (sub-lettings, assignments, surrenders, buy-in’s, re-occupation within the business) that reduce holding costs.
- To manage the external providers of property services ensuring that properties and processes are managed effectively, to budget and on time
- Control and implement actions to ensure the accurate recording and maintenance of the property database to ensure data is accurate and that all headlease occupancy costs and other outgoings are paid in a timely manner.
- MRICs qualified and with significant property experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills together with creativity, numeracy and strategic knowledge
- Exceptional stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- MS Office skills
- Ability to manage a multi-asset, multi-sector portfolio of significant scale including regulatory complexity
- Enjoys interaction with a wide range of people
- Comfortable challenging more senior stakeholders
- Flexible in their approach, dynamic and driven
- Salary up to £45,000, depending on experience
- Car / Car Allowance
- 25 Days holiday allowance
- Discretionary Bonus up to 15%
- Usual pension and healthcare provisions
To apply for this position, please contact Andrew Kingsley on 0161 393 9889 or email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position and reference for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com