Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 plus car allowance & benefits
Contact Name: Mark Noakes
Telephone: 07795 978 003
Have you always dreamt of moving ‘in-house’?
Kingsley is currently retained to appoint an exceptional in-house Construction or Property Lawyer in order to take full responsibility for all land acquisitions and development agreements.
This is a new role within the organisation, which will allow the successful individual to set up the in-house legal function and build a team .
Based in at the head office in Cheshire, the primary role will be focussed on land acquisition and development agreements for affordable residential development but will also include general agreements and drafting of construction documentation and sectional completions when required.
You will work on the legal affairs for the business. You will be part of a close-knit team and will work closely with the Managing Director, Land Director and Pre-Construction Director
- Liaison and negotiate with external property lawyers
- Draft and review purchase / development / sale agreements
- Negotiation and agreement of contract with both sellers and purchasers’ legal representatives
- Negotiation and agreement of contract conditions and amendments thereto with external contractors
- Drafting of building contracts in conjunction with the commercial and technical teams
- Negotiation, agreement and drafting of professional team appointments in conjunction with the commercial and technical teams
- Negotiation, agreement and drafting of collateral warranties, third party rights and letters of reliance
- Management of the administration and delivery of construction documents in accordance with the relevant developments
You will promote internal awareness and increased knowledge of
- Contracts – common terms and conditions
- Standard forms of appointment (ACE / NEC / CIC etc.)
- Commercial awareness – common causes of complaints and claims
- Dispute resolution
- Contract law
- Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results with excellent attention to detail
- Deliver results within given deadlines
- Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity
- Has strong leadership skills, communicates effectively and has the ability to engage successfully with others
For more information, please contact Mark Noakes in confidence on 07795978003 or email@example.com
Kingsley is a leading Property & Built Environment Recruitment Consultancy, providing across all levels of seniority, throughout the North West and beyond. Our Directors hold a true mix of time-served surveying experience and high-level Professional Recruitment, which sets us apart from our competitors.
If you are considering either your next career move, or looking to recruit within your property team, then please contact Kingsley for Independent, Confidential and Qualified advice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org