Contact Name: Ben Glitherow
Telephone: 07808 782801
DEPARTMENT BUSINESS, GROWTH AND INFRASTRUCTURE
JOB TITLE Head of Service – Land & Property
SALARY Grade SM2 (£54,675)
This is an exciting but challenging opportunity for an experienced, well-organised and motivated individual to manage and lead the Council’s land and property portfolio.
The property service manages a £268 million estate whilst also adding value to other services through Regeneration, Housing, Planning and with NHS and social landlord partners. The team of Chartered Surveyors manage the council’s land and income-producing commercial property portfolio, land disposals, provide viability and valuation advice and maintain land records for the whole district.
In line with the delivery of the Councils Lets Do It Strategy, the demands on the Property Service have diversified away from the traditional rent collection and landlord function to a more agile, higher performance team that functions to deliver strategic asset management to support the delivery of our Regeneration, Housing and Disposals programmes.
There is an acute need to refocus impact away from legacy service functions towards efficiently managing the estate, leading technical aspects of strategic development, unlock housing viability and compliantly dispose of land, property and assets.
It is anticipated that the Head of Service will lead the transformation and reorganisation of the service. This will include delivering any required restructure and recruitment of additional resources as required.
The key focus of the team going forwards can be summarised as:
- Manage the Accelerated Land disposal programme – manage inquiries, retain the agent and manage the transactions
- Improve the performance of the commercial property portfolio, identifying opportunities to invest capital to secure long-term revenue streams
- Manage the One Public Estate programme, co-ordinating the future development of the public estate across the Borough and provide options for the future of the Town Hall site
- Manage the out-of-town investment portfolio, providing options for exist at the point value can be maximised
- Lead on the development of the Chamber Hall business park and other key strategic industrial landholdings
- Implement a strategy of the future of Bradley Fold
- Create outsourcing opportunities to increase performance of the property portfolio
- Simplify the Council’s land and property ownerships, retaining only what is required for operational or regeneration purposes
For further information about the post, please contact Ben Glitherow on 07808 782801 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this post is Sunday 21 November at Midnight
For further information, please see the link to our microsite: www.regeneratingbury.co.uk
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com