Salary: Very Competitive Package
Location: North West
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
VACANCY REF: AK18118
The Position & Team
Our client is a multi-disciplinary property surveying consultancy and has one of the strongest and most well established Regional & National Residential Teams that is looking to appoint a Head of Residential Valuation for the whole North West region.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and lead one of the largest residential teams in the North. Our clients’ team provides a comprehensive residential offering to its’ clients, including but not limited to Agency, Valuation, Viability, Consultancy, Student Accommodation and Private Rented Sector, and the team continues to advise on some of the most exciting and advanced residential transactions throughout the North/North West.
- To lead the Residential Valuation team in providing professional residential advice and services throughout the North West market.
- Lead on the provision of a full range of residential consultancy and valuation advice to a wide range of key existing clients in support of instructions managed by the Surveyors, Associate Directors and Directors.
- Working alongside the Development Consultancy and Planning teams in the North West office.
- Manage and contribute to team fees, billing and profit targets
- Develop and lead the team plan to develop the clients’ portfolio
- Prime client interface on projects i.e. update clients on progress, respond to queries, provide strategic advice
- Continue and enhance the team profile throughout the market
- Overlook and assist Associate Directors & Directors by contributing to client presentations, bids and pitches
- Identifies key technical issues/ problems in transactions and offers appropriate solutions
- Oversee and support delivery of client assignments, i.e. in the preparation and processing of technical/valuation information
- Work collaboratively with the team to generate new instructions and pool expertise within the team
- Proactively identify new business and revenue opportunities with new and existing clients
- Manage & liaise with internal teams and external consultants to provide a full client service
- Gather and act on client feedback
- Identifies opportunities to cross-sell when discussing a client’s requirements
- Manage team budgets and billing
- Maintain and develop strong client relationships
- Seek to exceed team turnover target
- Engage with team members and understand what other teams engage in and maintain
Knowledge & Experience:
- General Practice background for either a Corporate, Public Sector or Private practice
- Experience of working in a large practice and/or corporate environment
- Possess a strong contact base
- Experience of managing and successfully leading team
- Rounded experience of residential surveying consultancy and viability skills
- An understanding of business development and client relationship management
- Experience in networking and building relationships internally and externally
- A level of experience selling successfully to clients
- Demonstrable technical competence in areas relevant to role such as Circle / Argus, residual analysis planning viability analysis and PRS
- Demonstrable understanding of market and local knowledge
- Knowledge of the wider residential sector
- Financial awareness of yields, band rates, mortgage rates and availability of mortgages
- Business and report writing experience
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation and case law relevant to role
- IT skills (MS Word Advanced, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet)
- IT industry specific packages (i.e. Circle / Argus, Developer, Grail, etc)
Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Excellent command of written / verbal English
- Team player & Team leader
- Selling, negotiation, presentation and marketing skills
- Commercial awareness skills
- Coaching skills
- Good communicator
- Time management
- Relevant degree level qualification
- MRICS/FRICS qualification
Our client is looking to recruit a key individual who enjoys a high level of responsibility, responding to challenges, is excited by meeting the toughest targets and has fun working at the leading edge.
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the true international market leaders.
To apply for this position, then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley on 0161 393 9889, for further information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com