Salary: £60k plus package
Contact Name: Caroline Kingsley
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
A fantastic opportunity exists for an experienced Facilities Manager in Manchester, who will have overall management responsibility for my client’s maintenance team, including regular reporting to the firm’s Operations Director.
This senior role will involve the promotion of co-operative working procedures to ensure that best practice is applied in service delivery, whilst adhering to corporate standards, and operating within budgetary constraints and legislation.
This is a unique facilities management position in Manchester, and my client is looking to appoint the best in the industry. This is a fast-paced business, where no two days are the same. As such, you will be a team player who is happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in, if the need arises.
My client runs the entire operation based on quality and meeting tight deadlines. Therefore, the right Facilities Manager will be committed, hardworking, and organised. In return, you will work with some of the best in their field, as well as with a respected, well-known brand where generous rewards feature highly.
Within this Manchester-based Head of Facilities Management role, you will be:
- Directly responsible for the work and development of the firm’s central and site-based Hard Facilities team, including external contractors
- Producing and implementing an annual Development Plan for the maintenance and facilities departments, to address the need to maintain and improve the working environment of staff, occupiers, visitors, and other users
- Preparing, monitoring, and controlling the annual budget for FM across the group
- Developing environmental management and services plans
- Ensuring quality and service standards are set, delivered, monitored, and reviewed within line with business requirements
- Agreeing a range of key performance indicators (for maintenance response times, resource utilisation, project implementation, and cost reduction) for the service, reporting monthly on performance against these targets
- Ensuring optimum use of IT, in line with the business’ IT Strategy, and in close liaison with the IT Services Manager. This will ensure optimum use of building management systems and computer-based facilities management systems (such as CAFM) to maximise service delivery within the resources available
- Making sure that own and your team’s skills and professional knowledge is continually developed in line with business requirements
- Contributing generally to the Management Company, supporting its vision, values, aims, and objectives, ensuring that consistent best practice is adopted
- Carrying out additional duties as may be agreed with Operations Director
The successful Facilities Manager in Manchester must:
- Possess a relevant industry qualification or membership of a professional body, e.g. MBIFM or MRICS
- Have experience of working within the leisure industry, including the restaurant trade
- Be a stickler for detail
- Often be required to travel extensively throughout the UK. Therefore, a driving licence is essential
The right candidate will desirably have/be:
- Experience of setting up and working with an FM helpdesk
- Significant management experience within a leisure environment
- Facilities management experience
- Educated to degree level in a discipline relating to property, facilities or the built environment
If you have what it takes for this challenging, yet rewarding facilities management role, get in touch with me today. For more Facilities Manager jobs in Manchester, contact Kingsley straightaway.
Please contact Caroline Kingsley on 0161 393 9889 to discuss this position in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Kingsley is a specialist recruitment consultancy. Its property, legal, architecture, and engineering divisions have a diverse client base, and we enjoy what we do and we want others to relish working with us. We believe that our clients and candidates need recruitment consultants that they can work with and trust. We collaborate with firms across the UK, so if you are looking for your next move, contact us today.
Please see our website, www.kingsleyrecruitment.co.uk, for more jobs.
Also, please feel free to forward this advert to any friends or colleagues who you think may be interested. A large number of our previously successful candidates have initially been made aware of their next career opportunity by a close acquaintance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com