Salary: Negotiable with benefits
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
VACANCY REF: AK18251
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a leading, established and highly reputable property consultancy in Lancashire. The company provides advice on a range of property matters, across agency, professional, rating, development, investment, lease consultancy and valuation.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
With an excellent regional client base, industry contacts and a highly qualified and professional team, the client has grown to be a successful and dynamic firm of Chartered Surveyors across the whole of the North West, and beyond.
Due to continuous growth and ambitious expansion plans, our client is looking to establish a new property management department and is therefore looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Property Management Surveyor to help establish this service from its Lancashire office.
The successful candidate shall be involved in the following duties under this role:
- Establish a new property management department within the company including all necessary property management software
- Manage the transition of new client/properties and the setting up of new instructions and portfolios
- Take a very “hands on” proactive role in property management
- Carry out regular property inspections
- Be responsible for preparing in advance for client meetings, recording minutes of those meetings and carrying out any actions arising.
- Ensure accurate client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, subject to approval by line manager as required
- Reading and summarising of leases and ensure accurate data is maintained on the property management system and to regularly check update and audit the accuracy of the data
- Take a proactive approach in terms of asset management opportunities and the exploiting of potential initiatives
- Advance planning for critical lease event dates such as reviews, lease expiries and options and assisting with an implementation strategy for these
- Ensure tenant arrears are proactively managed
- Dealing with the tenant and client queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Draft review and approve service charge budgets
- Review service charge cash flow and budget regularly
- Liaise with the building managers and regional facilities managers to ensure that buildings are well maintained, at all times
- Approve service charge reconciliations
- Invoice approval and ensuring correct coding of expenditure in line with the budgets
- Identify and progress opportunities for cross selling activities
- Identify opportunities for providing additional services to clients
- Building strong working relationship with the existing clients
The above list is not exhaustive and the surveyor may be required to carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Current / previous experience in the Property Management sector is essential and all applicants shall possess, amongst other skills, the following attributes:
- Have a high attention to detail, well organised and a good initiative level
- Be a team player
- Be articulate, professional and persuasive with a good telephone manner and good report writing skills
- Show the ability to cross sell other services within the organisation
- Ability to work with a relatively high degree of autonomy, with minimal supervision
- Be adaptable and above all keen and enthusiastic
- A desire to progress and the potential to generate new business
QUALIFICATIONS & TECHNICAL ABILITIES
- MRICS (GP) Qualified preferable
- Numerate and technically competent
- Strong attention to detail and a practical pragmatic common-sense approach to management
- Ability to deal with challenging mandates and coping with a high workload
- Excellent IT, problem solving, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal and managerial skills
- Full, clean driving licence
My client offers real scope for career development within a niche regional team to a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the true market leaders.
To apply for this position then please email your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew Kingsley at Kingsley on 0161 393 9889 for further information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org