Salary: £35 to £50k doe
Contact Name: Kathryn Wycherley
Telephone: 0151 242 1630
Purpose of Role:
To manage the operation and development of the commercial property department and ensure the efficient and professional handling of cases within it.
- Day to day supervision of dedicated Fee Earners and support staff
- To ensure the effective and appropriate operation of Commercial work including the handling of cases in compliance with relevant internal and external professional standards.
- Ensure personal and departmental compliance with Code of Conduct and other relevant external regulations and professional guidelines.
- Promote the effective use of the Firm’s Case Management system.
- Ensure provision of up-to-date, accurate, effective, practical and equitable legal advice and representation for personal caseload and across the category
- Assist in the investigation of any complaints relating to commercial matters and referring the same to Complaints Director as appropriate
- Support and supervision of work for all staff working within the Department
- Provide direction and leadership to all staff in the Department.
- Performance monitoring and supervisory review of work for all Department staff
- Identifying and resolving problems and referring any matters of concern immediately to the Executive Chairman/Practice Director, as appropriate
- To ensure the efficient administration and handling of cases by all department staff to include
- Taking instructions in person, in writing or by telephone from new and existing clients
- Representing clients
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of current law and trends
- Maintaining an electronic file review diary
- Producing bills
- Time recording
- Monitoring and management of service, quality and operations within the department to agreed standards of excellence
- Financial management and budgeting to ensure continued profitability of department to agreed targets
- Optimise the Practice recovery of costs and disbursements within department
- To work with the Executive Chairman and Practice Director to develop the Practice, including standardisation, marketing initiatives and improvements to systems
- Fully and actively contribute to the effective operation and development of the Department and Practice through Departmental Meetings and other formal and informal mechanisms
- Create, maintain and enhance productive working relationships with colleagues and relevant external bodies
- Represent the Practice in the community
- Obtain new cases for the Practice in accordance with relevant external regulations and internal marketing statements
- Attendance at networking events
- Promote the vision, priorities and objectives of the Practice
- Undertake any relevant training and/or professional development as recommended by the Practice Director
- To carry out all duties accurately and efficiently, within internal and external guidelines to agreed deadlines
- Any other tasks as appropriate to the role
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org