Salary: Competitive salary + benefits package
Location: MediaCityUK, Salford Quays
We are Northstone. A new northern based homebuilder with a mission to create exceptional homes and places for modern, vibrant living – today, tomorrow and for future generations.
Our ambition is to create much more than a house. We strive to create exceptional spaces, stylish environments and communities where families will thrive.
As part of Peel L&P, we’re passionate about our heritage in the North and proud to be part of a company responsible for some of the most transformational development projects in the UK today.
But this doesn’t mean we do things the same. At Northstone we innovate, adapt and regenerate, moving forward and pioneering, learning from our history and shaping the future of how we live.
Whilst we’re a new name in home building we’re part of a larger family that has its roots in the North and has been one of the region’s leading investors and developers for many years with interests in infrastructure, transport and real estate and assets that include ports, airports, canals, shopping centres, tv and film studios, offices and industry that all known and positively impact on people’s lives.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a talented Graduate Technical Assistant to join our growing team here at Northstone. We are looking for someone who has graduated in architectural, engineering, construction or environmental related discipline, preferably with an understanding of the private residential housing sector although this is not essential.
This role will provide support to the Development and Design Directors and wider Development team as the business grows with much room for further opportunity and development.
Roles & responsibilities
- Ensuring that technical department tasks are completed in a timely manner to support the Development Director, Design Director and Development Managers and the department as a whole in the delivery of specific pieces of work or projects
- Liaison with various agencies including (but not limited to) utility providers, local authorities, regulatory bodies, suppliers, contractors and clients.
- Assistance in the coordination of design and regulatory approval processes
- Assistance in the procurement, management, production and analysis of technical information required to move schemes forward through planning, building control, tendering and construction
- Assistance in the preparation and ongoing maintenance of standard house type models and specification, ensuring ongoing compliance with building regulation and warranty provider conditions
- Coordination of supplier’s design and product information
- Monitor the design process in line with the development programme to ensure the latest information is issued to relevant parties and maintained on a document management system
- Assistance in the collation and timely issue of all necessary Health & Safety information
- Providing technical assistance to sites once schemes move in to the delivery phase
Knowledge & skills required
- Understanding of technical and regulatory requirements, including planning control, building control and warranty providers
- An understanding of related disciplines including building structures, engineering, drainage, highways and utilities
- Reading and understanding technical drawings and documentation
- The ability to adapt as regulations and requirements change
- Project and data management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; confident liaising at all levels
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and competent using Excel for forecasting and managing project budgets
- First class co-ordination skills supporting the Senior Directors and Development Managers
- Strong organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Experience working within the private residential and affordable housing sectors would be advantageous but must have some experience within the construction and development industry
- Degree qualified, preferred in architectural, engineering, construction or environmental disciplines
- Basic use of AutoCAD and Photoshop
What we can offer in return
25- Days Holiday, plus 8 Bank Holidays, Peel Personal Pension Plan, Healthcare Cash Plan – Our healthcare cash plan provides reimbursement towards your everyday healthcare costs such as dental, optical and more, Annual Health Screenings – We provide free annual health screenings for employees with a health physiologist on site, Cycle to Work Scheme, Retailer discounts, Festive Bonus and free refreshments including fruit, tea and coffee.
Please submit your CV along with Covering Letter to email@example.com Please note – if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of your application, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.
For further detail of this role and to apply, please contact Jess Holbrook 0161 6298411.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org