Location: Greater Manchester
Paul Butler Associates is one of the leading town planning practices in the North West. Formed in 1992, we have a wide-ranging and stimulating list of clients and projects split between the public and private sectors.
We require a Graduate / Assistant Planning Consultant to contribute to our expanding workload and support senior staff in project delivery.
We believe that planning is a stimulating and intellectually challenging profession. We want someone who shares this view and can think creatively about the planning process and the business of planning.
- Preparing and submitting documents required in support of a planning application, including planning statements, environmental impact assessments and statements of community involvement
- Assisting in the preparation of development plan representations and site promotions
- Undertaking preliminary site research and planning appraisals
- Assisting senior members of the team on day to day work and project matters
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of market forces, changes to planning legislation and local and national policy
- Undertaking other office duties relevant to the post
- Completed an RTPI accredited course and eligible to apply for (or already working towards) full MRTPI membership
- Relevant experience working within the planning sector would be preferable
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Commitment to team working
- Values and understands the importance of maintaining and enhancing excellent client relations
In return we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- A pension and health insurance
- An opportunity for career progression
- A modern and attractive work environment in close proximity to Deansgate
- An opportunity to work on interesting and challenging development projects across the North West and beyond
Further details about the practice are available from our website www.paulbutlerassociates.co.uk
Please send your CV and covering letter to Julian Austin at email@example.com or to Paul Butler Associates Ltd, 31 Blackfriars Road, Salford, Manchester M3 7AQ by 16 March. If you require further information or for an informal chat about this post please contact Julian at the above address.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
Strictly no agencies please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org