Telephone: 0151 233 3003
There are three vacancies we are looking to fill and it’s a unique time to join the City Council as we embark on our journey of change.
If you thrive from a challenge and are keen to make a difference in the communities we serve, we want you to join our team.
Our Mission Statement
- To deliver a world-class asset management service, well respected by both internal and external clients
- To have an embedded Strategic Asset Management Plan and Corporate Landlord function across the whole organisation
- To harness the talent and future potential of the team to inspire them to reach their professional goals
The successful applicant will be a fully qualified member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and will have a degree or formal qualification in a relevant field. In addition, they will have a track record of successful commercial property management in a professional property team taking care of all aspects of property transactions, lease management and valuations on a variety of property types.
The following abilities are key to the job:
- Plans and prioritises own workload in order to achieve property management results
- Demonstrable professional approach and positive demeanour with strong problem ownership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines within a fast-paced environment, working to meet objectives and responsive to changing priorities
The role will involve the planning, management and implementation of Property and Estate Management Services for a broad range of client partners across the City Council’s Real Estate to support the Team Leader in the effective and strategic management of the City Council leasehold and freehold property portfolio. This will include:
- Lease consents
- Lease renewals
- Managing service charges
- Lease expiries and surrenders
- Processing break options
- Rent review negotiations
- Granting of new leases and tenancies
- Preparation of valuations for property transactions
- Marketing property for sale or lease
- Strategic asset management reviews of the property estate
The post holder will be responsible for making a major contribution to the wider business plans and decisions that affect the City Council.
The candidate will also align with the City Council’s policy requirements in relation to equal opportunities and to ensure the implementation and development (where appropriate) of equal opportunity practices in all fields work and service provisions and be responsible for ensuring that all duties and responsibilities align with all statutory requirements and with Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: 27 September 2021
Liverpool City Council is committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and believe that the decision to appoint should be based upon whether an individual’s skills, experience, qualifications, and abilities make them the most suitable candidate for the role. All applications for jobs in the service of the Authority will receive equal treatment irrespective of their race, gender, marital status, age, disability, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.
We will ensure that disabled applicants are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org