Salary: Negotiable, DOE
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
Telephone: 0151 242 1630
Our client is a leading, long-established and reputable property consultancy in Manchester who is looking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Facilities Team Leader, with particular experience of health & safety, to join their Manchester city centre office.
With excellent regional and national client base, industry contacts and a highly qualified and professional team, the client has grown to be a successful and dynamic firm of chartered surveyors and property managers and one of the top 50 nationwide property consultants in the UK.
The client provides advice on a range of property matters including Agency, Auctions, Lease Advisory, Valuation, CPO, Investment, Planning, Building Consultancy, Business Rates, Property Management, Capital Allowances and Expert Witness, serving the Greater Manchester, North West and Nationwide arena.
Purpose of the Role
- Supervise the Facilities and Administrative Functions of Property Management to deliver high, measurable levels of performance and compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all H&S requirements in full of each property. (ultimate responsibility lies with Account Director for that Property and the Head of Property Management).
- Own, communicate and audit compliance with all aspects of the Companies H&S Policies. Establish best practice (compliance and practicality).
- Ensure Maintenance activity meets SLAs in full.
- Provide complete administration and typing support to the Property Management Team.
Responsibilities and duties include being responsible for the following:
- Team Leadership
- Health & Safety Planning
- Documentation & Monitoring
- External Parties
- Ingoing Tenants
- Outgoing Tenants
- Phone Super User
- Technical knowledge of property related Health and Safety legislation and practical means of applying it.
- Technical knowledge of construction, building fabrication and repair.
- Ability to risk assess.
- Documentation skills, able to write clear and concise instructions.
- Negotiation skills, including tendering and quoting.
- Expert User in MS Word
- Fluent in MS Excel (advanced level)
- General IT skills including document management, windows file structures.
- Data management skills – confidant in large volumes of data and its manipulation. Experience with databases.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Well organised and able to work to strict deadlines
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Ideally from a Property Management Environment or a multi-site manufacturing / warehousing operation
- Managing contractors and contract knowledge
- Experience in an administratively intensive environment dealing with high volume of issues, monitoring and following through actions
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent is essential (Degree or NVQ L5) with Grad IOSH status and ideally CMIOSH status (or working towards)
- Alternatively, at least NEBOSH Certificate and Diploma in BIFM to Level 5 Diploma
- Graduate or strong A levels (3 grade C and above)
- GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C in English and Maths.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to influence senior stakeholders and support own position.
- Self-motivated, able to manage and prioritise your own workload and keep to a plan despite daily reactive activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable in demanding client situations.
- Coach and motivator.
- Attention to detail (e.g. legislation and documentation).
- A practical implementer not a theorist.
- Change Agent – embracing and positively encouraging improvements and new technology
- Customer focus – keen to resolve customer issues professionally
- Positive / ‘can do’ attitude
- Competitive Salary, depending on experience
- Car Allowance
- Excellent potential of career progression with a NW market leader
Kingsley is a niche leading recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Property, Legal and Engineering Sectors. We recruit across the UK, so if you are looking for your career next move, call us for a confidential chat.