About the role
Are you an experienced and driven Chartered Technologist looking to take a lead role at an award-winning, expanding practice in South Manchester? Do you have significant experience and ambition to join an established Practice specialising in luxury residential projects, small residential development schemes and modular construction?
The ideal candidate will be a CIAT Technologist with relevant experience and an enthusiastic approach to working with a small and dedicated team. The candidate will be an excellent communicator and should have an in-depth knowledge of current UK Planning and Building Regulations, Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp, alongside skills associated bespoke design, contract administration through to completion on site and be able to diligently plan workloads. The candidate should also be able to conduct quality assurance checks on a frequent basis, be based in the South Manchester area and have a clean driving license.
- Work with directors/architects on the design and presentation of sketch schemes, developed with client and QS input
- Co-ordination of client, planning consultant, architect, ecology and plot information alongside budget analysis to develop detailed designs for both Planning and Building Regulations submissions, including the co-ordination of renewable energy requirements. A good understanding of CIL and H&S legislation, principal designer roles and the co-ordination of renewable energy requirements
- Preparation of details for construction. Liaise with various consultants, main contractors and specialist sub-contractors throughout entire construction process
- A strong interest in R&D of new building materials and methods
- CIAT Membership
- 5+ years of experience in residential construction and architecture
- Strong organizational, creative and presentation skills
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD and SketchUp
Direct applicants only
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org