Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Contact Name: James Adamson
Telephone: 0161 669 4716
A unique opportunity has arisen for an Employer’s Agent / Quantity Surveyor to work on some of Manchester’s iconic new-build and refurbish projects, working directly with the UK’s leading property developers.
The current portfolio of projects currently being delivered include Airport City (MAG), Stockport Exchange and New Bailey with values ranging from £5m to £100m+. The company are recognised as a commercial development specialist with expertise in office, high-rise residential, student accommodation, retail and industrial.
The opportunity is available to a Quantity Surveyor with a proven track record of Employer’s Agent JCT Design & Build delivery of £5m+ projects with little supervision.
General day-to-day tasks will include co-ordinating the tender process, co-ordinating design consultants, collating contract documents for execution, implementing change control procedures and so on.
After the contract has been awarded your role as contract administrator may include:
- Issuing instructions
- Co-ordinating the review of information prepared by the contractor
- Considering items submitted by the contractor for ‘approval’, as required by the employers’ requirements
- Managing change control procedures
- Reviewing the progress of the works and preparing reports for the client
- Validating or certifying payments
- Considering claims
- Monitoring commissioning and inspections
- Arranging handover
- Certifying practical completion
- Bringing defects to the attention of the contractor
- Issuing the certificate of making good defects
- Agreeing the final account
The culture is one of promotion according to talent and impact, not time-served in the business. Ambition is expected and rewarded.
The company invests heavily in its people, recognising that its staff members are its most valuable asset. Individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org