Salary: C£40-45k + benefits
Contact Name: Caroline Kingsley
VACANCY REF: CK18684
Working as part of a dynamic and ambitious construction consultancy, the successful applicant will have the ability to utilise their skills and experience to support the continuing growth of the business.
Primarily, you will be a Quantity Surveyor looking for a fresh opportunity within a progressive practice.
Our ideal candidate would be newly qualified or have worked in the role of Employers Agent for a minimum of two years.
- You will undertake / support the role of Employers Agent, supporting key clients
- Responsible for managing a wide variety of schemes throughout their entire project lifecycle, providing support and input where necessary.
- To undertake a range of roles as dictated by the Client (Contract Administration / Employers Agent / Costs Consultancy Advice).
- Prepare detailed cost estimates / cost plans.
- Prepare tender documentation, Schedules of Work, Bills of Quantities using various forms of measurement / Contracts.
- Administer and provide advice on contracts, typically the JCT / NEC forms of contract.
- Prepare and agree interim valuations with contractors and issue recommendations for payment. Price variations throughout the duration of a contract and provide cost advice to Clients.
- Provide assistance to other disciplines within the Practice when required. Support and promote growth of the business, networking with existing and potential new Clients as and when required.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree educated in Quantity Surveying or similar relevant qualification.
- Working knowledge of common / standard forms of contract relating to the JCT and NEC.
- Experience in all pre/ post Contract Administration duties. Good pre / post contract knowledge.
- Experienced in Cost Consultancy roles, such as cost forecasting / reporting, cost control, cost risk management etc.
- Able to advise Clients on procurement methods / options.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Experience of industry computerised measurement packages.
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Willing to travel across UK.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
For more information, please get in touch, contact Caroline on M: 07768381831 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kingsley is a leading property recruitment consultancy.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com