Contact Name: Paul Unger
This is your chance to take the controls at one of the UK’s leading specialist business media publications. Lead editorial, develop product, represent the business as the ‘face of Place’ in the biggest regional property market outside London.
You will be part of the senior management team at this independent business-to-business publisher, established in 2007.
Reading Place North West is part of the daily routine of property professionals working in and connected to the North West. Readership exceeds 250,000 unique visitors per month. Our actively engaged loyal following has elevated Place North West to a strong brand position in its market.
As well as publishing daily news, we also hold popular conferences and social events for the community we serve, providing valuable market intelligence and the best networking in the region.
You will be a tenacious news gatherer, sparkling event host, and experienced manager. Based in Manchester and active across the region, you will have access at the highest level to the most active development community in the country with a lively news agenda to match.
Property knowledge is a distinct advantage but not essential.
This high-profile position would suit an ambitious senior journalist, with experience of working on a national trade title or regional newspaper.
The ideal candidate would combine the attributes of a supportive team player, energetic self-starter and natural leader.
Place North West is a diverse equal opportunities employer.
This is a contract to cover for maternity leave of up to 12 months.
Contact Paul Unger, publisher, in the first instance to discuss the role. 07966 535 262 email@example.com
- Set the editorial agenda and make sure it is followed
- Act as main point of contact for Place North West editorial
- Network and source news leads
- Be the ‘face of Place’ and represent the business in a professional and dynamic way
- Define the daily news agenda, ensuring delivery by reporting team
- Write original news stories, interviews, special reports
- Maintain a lively social media presence
- Commission longer reads and features
- Line manage editorial staff and freelance contributors
- Ensure timely publication of stories on website and newsletter
- Stay close to the audience: build and maintain contacts in the business community, monitor market trends and readers’ needs
- Manage budgets
- Track readership data and adjust editorial accordingly
- Maintain consistent style and tone
- Produce multimedia podcasts and video when required in conjunction with production team
- Help reinforce marketing and brand positioning for the publication
- Deliver live editorial conferences with events team, including:
- Hold planning meetings with clients
- Define content themes and title
- Shape calendar for year ahead
- Speaker liaison to source and secure the best lineup
- Brief speakers about topics on the day
- Chair event on the day
- Coordinate coverage
- Attend overseas and UK events as required
- Attend networking events out of office hours
- Work with fellow managers to maintain profitability
- Help manage costs and annual budgets
- Analyse products and media industry
- Collaborate with other departments
Place North West will provide you with continuous professional training and support in your role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org