Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience
Contact Name: Lee Williamson
Are you looking to take the next step in your economic development consultancy career?
Would you like to support clients to realise their economic inclusion and growth ambitions?
Do you want a role with variety in a business that gives you the opportunity to grow?
If so, ekosgen have the role for you!
ekosgen is one of the UK’s leading independent economic consultancy firms providing advice to public and private sector clients. We provide economic and social insight to help our clients make better decisions and have a positive impact on people, places and the economy.
Our work includes:
- Preparation of business cases and funding applications
- Economic appraisal and impact assessment
- Project and programme evaluation
- Socio-economic baselining
- Strategy development
We have a team of consultants serving clients across the UK from our English and Scottish offices.
We currently have a vacancy in our Manchester team for a senior team member and are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and capable individual. Our team has an established track record of working in Manchester – as well as further afield – serving clients in the public, private and university sector across a range of project types. Over the past year, the team has secured a series of important and high profile commissions, including:
- The preparation of business cases for schemes seeking support under a variety of prominent funding sources, including Future High Streets Fund, Getting Building Fund and Towns Fund propositions.
- The evaluation of a wide range of projects and programmes, including a test and learn evaluation of Greater Manchester’s Self Employment Support Pilot, Summative Assessments for a wide range of ERDF funded projects and a process and impact evaluation of the Lancashire LEADER programme.
- Co-drafting Manchester’s recently published COVID-19 recovery plan.
- The development of economic and social impact assessments / Environmental Statements in support of a series of prominent planning applications being prepared in the City.
We continue to have a strong pipeline of work and bid opportunities and are now keen to identify a candidate who can support us to continue to grow.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
- Seven or more years’ experience of working in the economic development consultancy sector
- A proven track record in one or more of the following areas of work: preparation of business cases / funding applications, strategy development, project and programme evaluation, economic and social impact assessment
- Experience of client relationship management and a commitment to providing high quality services to clients
- A good Honours degree (2:1 or higher) and ideally a postgraduate degree in economics, social geography or similar
- Experience of winning work in a competitive environment (i.e. responding to advertised tenders)
- Experience of, line management and/or supporting more junior team members to progress.
We need someone who is flexible, a team player, self-motivated, great at multi-tasking and who exhibits professionalism, even when under pressure. Strengths in statistical work, including analysing and presenting quantitative data are a must as are good organisational skills, and excellent writing and IT skills. The successful candidate will also have a strong interest in the economic development sector and an appreciation of the current English policy and economic context that impacts on the Manchester team’s workload.
The role will involve:
- Supporting the team’s work winning activities, including the preparation of competitive proposals;
- Project managing commissions, client liaison and helping to manage and guide the workload of colleagues;
- Completing a range of project related tasks, including consultations, data collection and analysis, that involve the application of both quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; and
- Taking the lead role in the preparation of a wide range of written outputs, including reports, funding applications and presentations.
The role will offer opportunities for you to continue to build your consultancy skills, experience a wide range of assignments and provide opportunities for you to progress.
If this sounds like a good fit with your experience and interests we would love to hear from you!
What do we offer in return?
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including:
- 35 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Performance Related Bonus
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Employee wellbeing initiatives, such as a cycle to work scheme and travel pass funding
- A positive and supportive work culture where people are assisted to realise their full potential (including a personal performance and career management system and training)
- A Staff Wellbeing Package which includes allowances for dental and optical care, a GP helpline and subsidised gym membership
Our offices are city centre based, offering spacious accommodation, an on tap fresh coffee supply and great views over the city.
Although this role involves working as part of our Manchester team, the post could offer flexible working arrangements including home working.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, religion, age or sexuality.
How do I apply?
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for ekosgen and details of your current salary by email to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org