Salary: £100,000 - £120,000 + bonus, car allowance + benefits
Contact Name: James Adamson
Telephone: 0161 6694716
We are delighted to be working with one of the UK’s leading Construction Consultancies to identify a suitable candidate for a Director Project Manager to head-up their Commercial Project Management team in Manchester.
The Director will be ultimately responsible for an existing team of Project Managers, whilst overseeing and contributing to the profitability of the North West region, the role of the Director will involve a significant amount of operational management, business strategy, team management and resourcing
The candidate will also support and lead the profit centre in making proposals and winning work as well as developing his/her own network of clients and contacts in the region. Ideally the Director will have previous regional experience and knowledge of the North West Commercial property and construction market.
- To act with self-assurance, displaying drive and initiative.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff in the provision of services to clients and achievement of overall business objectives.
- Enhance the business image within the industry and client groups by promoting awareness of the business’ services and activities.
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and other resources to ensure the most effective delivery of service to budgets.
- Ability to understand and manage the financial processes.
- Actively pursue business opportunities to achieve business objectives and liaise with other managers and divisions to ensure maximum corporate benefit.
- Ability to undertake and participate in long term planning and contribute to the development of the business objectives.
- To be committed to the training and development of staff at all levels.
- To actively communicate and pursue business objectives and plans and demonstrate a commitment to their achievement.
- Foster and maintain a harmonious working environment for staff to attract, retain and motivate staff.
- Capability to keep abreast of changing technologies and professional practice to ensure that staff are appropriately trained and services to clients are maintained at a high level.
- Hold full membership of RICS or equivalent professional qualification
- Preparing and presenting to the Board of directors as required.
- Production and management of a Divisional Business Plan and associated quarterly updates.
- Chair Divisional Executive meetings. Direct, attend and participate in staff meetings and related activities.
- Build inter-divisional relationships and promote cross selling business development activity as required, including market research as necessary.
- Update and maintain reports on Business Development including opportunities tracker and marketing plan.
- Financial management of the division including regular reports on progress against forecasts to ensure targets are met.
- Provide client feedback / monitor client satisfaction.
- Competitor monitoring and benchmarking.
- Recruitment to support business plans and company objectives.
- Attain high levels of service quality and uphold the company quality management system procedures.
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance & management of the Integrated Management
- System and procedures. Manage the ongoing maintenance and updates in liaison with the system administrator.
- Accountable for staff training, development and skills updating as required by updated industry standard, new/improved technology and general technical/professional advances.
- Undertake regular client satisfaction surveys liaising directly with the client throughout all project service delivery periods.
- Other duties as required by the business.
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The job holder will be expected to participate in this process and the company would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com