Salary: £65,000 - £70,000
Contact Name: Caroline Kingsley
Telephone: 0151 262 1630
We are seeking a progressive and versatile Director to join an office based in Manchester. You will possess strong business development capabilities and be a respected planning expert within the region.
You will lead the team in the delivery of all planning services, across a diverse project base, working alongside some fantastic clients, operating within multiple sectors.
You will be a leader that is able to inspire, motivate, develop and manage the performance of others as well as facilitate the professional and personal development of staff.
Leading the management of some key clients, you will ensure that a superior level of service is delivered. This means you will proactively develop the existing client base in North West. Providing unrivalled professional and technical advice, you will maintain and develop long standing relationships with clients. As an inspirational leader you’ll motivate, develop and manage the performance of others as well as facilitate the professional and personal development of staff. In turn you will support and develop a culture of collaboration within the business, whilst externally developing where possible strategic alliances within other important professional practices in the locality.
As a proven business leader, with recognised management experience, you will bring to the role sound knowledge and proven experience in the field of town planning, with relevant industry experience at a senior level. You will have led large or complex planning projects in a variety of sectors. You will possess exceptional knowledge of the local market. As a member or fellow of a professional body, such as RTPI or RICS, you will also have appeared as an expert witness at Public Inquiries and Hearings.
The primary focus of this appointment will be to pro-actively manage and add value to the Manchester Office. This will be achieved by:
- Actively marketing the services of the firm within the North West
- Forming relationships with past and present clients in order to win new business
- Liaising closely with all Directors to achieve the objectives of the business
- Delivering new opportunities, overseeing each project from inception to completion
- Advising on business strategy in order to grow the Manchester office
- Managing and retaining the existing team
- a Chartered Town Planner with a good academic degree
- have the ability to think creatively and outside of the box when dealing with clients
- must be a thorough, intelligent person with a straightforward and practical style
- mature, with the self-confidence and personality to work closely and effectively at all levels
- a strong communicator with excellent relationship skills who can deliver results
- a person of integrity, demanding the highest standards of themselves and others
- meticulous in terms of comprehensive delivery of what has been promised
- have the ability and personality to work closely with the Directors
- currently working within an established Town Planning consultancy practice or division or be self-employed having come from a private practice, with a diverse portfolio of sector experience
- has management experience and a track record of leading teams
- has business development capabilities
- is well-connected within the North West
- residential experience would be advantageous, but not essential
This is a crucial appointment that must add value to the practice and will build on the success of the practice, underpinning the next stage in the company’s development, reinforcing its position and market credibility. This is a very attractive position, which requires a candidate of the highest calibre.
Basic salary Likely to be in the region of £65-70,000
Package Car/car allowance, pension, healthcare, incentivised bonus, holidays, potential shareholding