Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 dependant upon experience
Contact Name: Carolyn Preston
Telephone: 0161 236 3344
Purpose of the role:
To oversee and lead the property management function for a residential portfolio, driving the highest levels of customer service. To act as a key member of the Senior Management Team mobilising the organisation to achieve its vision and key strategic objectives.
· To develop and promote delivery of annual strategic objectives in the property arena, that underpin delivery of the five year plan and urbanbubble’s vision for the future
· To ensure proper financial planning and management, analysing spending and financial performance, adjusting strategies as appropriate
· To empower and motivate our people to exceed customer expectations, ensuring customer commitments are entirely met, as articulated in the Property Management Schedule (PMS)
· To monitor market conditions and developments and adjust strategies as appropriate.
· To develop strong relationships with key customers and true loyalty to urbanbubble, supporting business growth and introducing new members to the urbanbubble family where appropriate
· To ensure new customers are properly and professionally integrated into urbanbubble and remain impressed with how we do things differently and better
· To promote the full utilisation of the property management system, Qube, and any customer associated technology solutions, with an accurate and timely approach delivered by our people
· To develop and deliver processes that will check compliance and quality across the property management teams, ensuring clear plans for remedial work are in place, with a commitment to continuous improvement
· To act as the most senior point of escalation in property for complaints, or to advise on complex regulatory issues
· To ensure site staff are provided with clear direction, support, tools and resources to deliver the highest standards of work and maintain properties that we can all be proud of
· To drive an innovative customer centric culture across the organisation, where site and office staff feel part of one team
· To provide legal and regulatory expertise to the organisation in the property arena
· To promote community involvement and initiative
· To oversee and support the build to rent team to effectively manage the established build to rent schemes
· To manage the portfolio and oversee its rental communities, ensuring property and team performance KPIs are met
· Maintaining property occupancy and customer satisfaction
· To support the team to ensure the Maintenance function delivers a first class service to our customers and a strong and growing income stream for urbanbubble.
· To oversee that there is an effective strategy for procurement in place, with an appropriate approach to managing suppliers, quality and costs.
· To be accountable for urbanbubble providing a safe working environment for our people and home for our residents and that we comply with all Health and Safety legislation.
· To act as a senior member of the urbanbubble team, role modelling the values and key behaviours
· To recruit, develop and retain talent, promoting peak performance through effective management of all elements of the employee lifecycle
· To ensure effective two-way communication, promoting a truly motivated team and positive staff engagement
· To identify and meet individual learning needs, acting as coach and mentor
Critical skills required:
· Ability to analyse, evaluate and act on issues and/or problems, reach sound conclusions and take appropriate action
· The highest level of communication skills, both verbal and written
· Leadership skills
· Demonstrable success of achieving amazing results through people
· Interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong and lasting working relationships
· IT literate, someone who embraces technology and the added value it drives
· Financial management
Critical knowledge required:
Industry/competitor knowledge, commercial understanding and business acumen.
The highest level of knowledge on property management, landlord practices, laws, rules and regulations.
Able to act as the technical expert and point of escalation through in-depth understanding of RICs, ARMA-Q and H&S legislation
· IRPM qualification (or comparable industry related qualification).
· Degree level education
· Health and Safety qualification.
· People management experience, having managed large and diverse teams
· Significant experience of operating successfully in the residential property management arena as part of a senior management team – previously at a Head Of or Director Level
· Experience of driving quality and compliance across an organisation, together with the highest standards of customer service
· Experience of effective procurement/supplier management and/or managing a maintenance function
· Dynamic, positive and can-do attitude
· An inspiring leader that takes people with them
· Results focused
· Passionate and committed
· Thrives in a fast paced and pressured environment
urbanbubble requires people who are professional, hard working, innovative, passionate; who are effective in their roles and who truly engage with the customer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org