Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 + car allowance, bonus, pension, healthcare
Contact Name: James Adamson
Telephone: 0161 669 4716
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a director-level Architect to join a leading practice in Manchester. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and leading the architectural team. Duties also include co-ordinating business development activities in your region and supporting those across the rest of the architecture group. Responsibilities will include planning, budgeting, marketing/PR, client liaison, Bid Governance, job winning and sales reporting, and management, support and development of staff where appropriate.
You will have responsibility for development and management of the Local Business Development Strategy for work winning within the Manchester region. This will need to be achieved through an established and new Client network in and around the local area. This will involve regular involvement with your counterparts in related disciplines to co-ordinate and manage the future growth and development of work opportunities.
You will work closely with the Regional Profit Centre Manager so as to meet the agreed turnover and profit targets as set by the Board. The duties will include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
Oversee design outputs from the office ensuring the highest quality of design. It is expected that you will take a lead input into design concepts and the design quality of the schemes originating from the office. You will also work with other Directors from across the Architectural discipline to promote design quality and consistency.
Design review and client satisfaction
Participate in regular Design reviews to ensure that the required design quality is being upheld and that that there is compliance with current legislation.
Ensure that a regular system of checking and reporting on client satisfaction is implemented, and take appropriate corrective action in conjunction with the Profit Centre Manager if required
Selection of appropriate opportunities in line with office BD Business Plan. Oversee, co-ordinate and produce responses to opportunities and prospects. Agreeing fee levels for all bid submissions with appropriate Sector Director or Executive Director using agreed protocols and formats (Bid Governance Forms, Black Hat reviews, etc).
Business development & client relationship management
Develop a marketing culture throughout the office and hold regular office BD meetings to communicate and improve on office BD Business Plan. Oversee and co-ordinate the increase in brand awareness.
Generate leads, proactively approach prospective clients, and develop new business relationships to generate potential new income.
Line Management responsibility in accordance with the Architecture staff structure. Ensure the Appraisal process is being implemented throughout your team. Being able to lead and motivate staff is very important.
Agree and implement training and mentoring plans to develop in-house resources Identify recruitment needs and assist in recruiting new staff.
Business Management Systems
Support to the Profit Centre Manager in relation to the management of Office Processes (delegated duties) including BMS, EMS and H&S.
Ownership and implementation of all CDM requirements and ensuring design risk reviews are undertaken
- To interface with other parts of the business to ensure they grow their collective business by sharing initiatives, resources, opportunities and best practice
- Liaise with business development staff to profile future resource requirements on bids and projects. Contribute to the communications plan.
- Advise Profit Centre Manager and business development staff of any opportunities arising from reviews of current projects or clients and of feedback from client satisfaction reports.
- Co-ordinate technical input for support of bids being prepared by business development staff. (Bid Leaders)
- Ensuring that secure fees and Salesforce Database are maintained in line with required targets in agreement with the Profit Centre Manager.
- Assistance with preparation of formal monthly Executive report to Operations Board in conjunction with Profit Centre Leader.
- Chair monthly BD review meetings. Attendance to include staff identified to assist with BD for the studios.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org