Salary: £80,000 - £100,000 plus Benefits
Contact Name: James Smith
Director – Electrical Building Services
Vertical Recruitment is working exclusively with a leading Independent Building Services Consultancy based in central Manchester. The company is experiencing significant growth which has led to an opportunity for a Director with an Electrical services background to join the team in Manchester .
The role will provide a client facing lead for the Business and ensure the highest technical standards, client service and levels of quality are maintained. You will be responsible for management of the Electrical Team, ensuring that engineers are empowered and accountable for the performance of their team and the discipline, whilst at the same time encouraged to be bold in exploring new areas of technical capability and previously untested clients and sectors.
As the business grows the individual will have the opportunity and scope to progress to become a shareholding Director.
- Be accountable for technical performance, quality and budget control on all projects within the team and have a hands-on approach to resolving technical issues.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and resource allocation.
- Managing client relationships and contributing to business development
- Ensuring technical quality through implementation of best practice and continuous improvement processes
- Leading the recruitment of key technical resources in collaboration with the Partners.
- Providing technical leadership on bids and opportunities.
- 15 years of building services expertise and reputation to deliver exceptional engineering solutions.
- Offer nationally recognised, award winning services while retaining a family feel that has helped them grow their success.
- Specialise in all aspect of Building Services Design and Sustainable Engineering Solutions.
- Our client has worked on several successful high value projects, Mixed Use inner city regeneration scheme, New build primary schools, data centres and hotels across the UK.
- A strong technical background in building Services design, construction and procurement.
- Ability to nurture excellent relationships with clients, with an ability to generate business, resolve problems and exceed client expectations;
- Has a network of Industry contacts.
- Chartered Engineer and member of a relevant professional body or equivalent level of experience; a minimum of 2 years at Associate level.
- Experience in leading building services teams through all stages of work winning, design and procurement;
- Sound working knowledge of BIM within a project environment
- Ability to lead design teams to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
The Director must be an excellent communicator, motivator and have well rounded people skills.
The job holder will need to:
- Take responsibility for the culture of safety and caring within the team
- Engage collaboratively with clients to deliver high value solutions
- Be pro-active, and willing to take responsibility for the work of teams and individuals
- Be focused on developing technical talent
- Have effective supervisory and organisational skills
- Be able to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Be flexible and dependable
- Be able to gain trust and respect of others.
The company offers an attractive remuneration package this includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, and contribution towards professional subscriptions, and Bonus scheme.
The business organises a wide range of social, sporting and charitable activities and encourages flexible working.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com